Quick word of thanks and quick question

Oh hello,

I just want to say after using Webflow for a week, I am greatly impressed. Over the last few months I have tried a number of products from Adobe Reflow, Dreamweaver and Macaw to Semplice and Qards. And I have found each one of those products to be lacking for my needs, both in functionality and ease of use. I was wary to try Webflow, but I quickly fell in love.

First of all, I must thank you for your wealth of tutorials that actually add value and having them in video form makes them so much better. Not only that but you guys do a great job of breaking down the framework and structure of how your product works. It was easy to do a quick couple tutorials and then get started. By far, your product and support is light years ahead of everyone else.

However, I do have a question and the one area that I feel could use some clarity is the pricing model. What I am looking to do is design 98% of the site on Webflow and then be able to export the code and have a front end developer go through it and add a layer of polish to it (page transitions etc…) and then host it on my server. Is this possible? and what plan would that be?

Thanks again!

4 Likes

Hey, glad to hear you’re finding as mush success with Webflow as I have :smile:

It sounds like we have similar workflows. Starting at the personal plan you get unlimited exports of your site and you get 20 private sites. This is where I started before moving to the professional plan and it worked great.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I guess where I am confused is the monthly fee. Once I finish designing my site and export the code, wouldn’t it be smart just to cancel effectively then creation of a site would be $16? Or am I missing something?

Hello @kbowman thanks for the kind words! Don’t forget to spread that love to the rest of the family of Webflow > https://twitter.com/thewonglv/lists/webflow-fam-bam/members

As for your question, yes. You can export your design, then cancel your subscription. After the billed month is complete, your account will revert back to the free plan. (More info about this here: http://help.webflow.com/faq/what-happens-if-i-upgrade-or-downgrade-my-plan-in-the-middle-of-my-payment-period)

But FYI, you cannot import designs back into Webflow.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Yep that helps! Thanks, I figured that was the case but I wanted to make sure. I am looking forward to seeing how this product grows, although I hope you guys don’t lose sight of those things that help differentiate Webflow from the other products out there, and to me, that is ease of use and great resources.

Again, please take my thanks from a grateful designer who has spent a lot of time looking for the product to help me truly get my site design the way I envision it. A lot of these other products promise the ease of building a site but once you get down to it, they often rely heavy on templates or a fair amount of coding knowledge.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.