Quote System for different countries

Hi Guys

I need some help as I’m building my own website and I would like a system where a client can get a quote in their currency so let me explain my idea as my website is still on sketch phase on paper.

I run a small business where I do Architecture renders for clients so I wanted a section on my website where you can get a quick estimate so what I was thinking is like a check block system
where the client will select certain features or design layouts and at the end, it will give him/her an estimate in his/her currency

all I would need is a point in the direction to tackle this problem that I have even if its a tutorial where it gives me an idea.

Thank you
Shawn

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

1 Like

Hey Shawn,

For that kind of thing, you first need to create a JavaScript calculator that works based on what the user selects on your website. That part should be fairly straight forward to someone that knows the language. After that, you can make use of a currency exchange API that would basically convert the final value into your client’s chosen currency.

Let’s say your calculator is based on EURO. After doing all the math (given what your client choses) , the final price comes down to 2460 EU. You would then do a quick call to an external API and convert it to a determined currency (Let’s say USD). After that endpoint answers your call, you can simply show the result on your website.

For someone that doesn’t know javaScript, this might be overwhelming. But since I love it, I would definitely do this way. Let me know if any of this makes sense.

If custom javascript isn’t your thing, I’m sure there’s quote software that you could add to your website with a couple of lines of code. I can’t think of any off the top of my head but a search engine could be helpful here :slight_smile: . You could also look at typeform as an option.

1 Like

Hi @Shawn_Neto.
Josh from Foxy here. What you’re after may be possible with our seamless integration with Webflow: Webflow | Foxy.io

• Multi-currency support
  • On-page calculations based on the different variants/options customer chooses
  • Customers can checkout without having to input a credit card (more like a quote)
  • Quote info can be emailed to both the customer and store admins(s).

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if we can be of assistance. hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

Hi @foxy Josh

Thank you for your response this sounds pretty good,

I would just like to know for example I have an interior render they want and click on that icon and select other options does you software send them a quote and send me the information they required.

And could you explain to me the currency side will it pick up what country they are from.

thank you

Hi @Shawn_Neto.
Happy to help. Any data configured in your add to cart forms prior to the customer clicking “Add To Quote” (or whatever your call to action is) will be collected and sent to you via email (and available via our API, webhooks, and Zapier).

How you determine the customer’s currency is up to you. Here are some examples. Some custom code may be required, but we can point you in the right direction:

• Have customers choose their currency prior to shopping
  • Have an “Add To Quote” option for each currency on your product page(s)
  • Set currency based on IP or some other visitor flag.

More information can be found here: v:2.0:template_sets [Foxy Wiki] Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have follow up questions. For more support related issues, please email us: hello@foxycart.com

Thanks,
Josh