Remove Shipping Info from Order Confirmation Emails

Hello,

I am trying to find a way to remove shipping info from Order Confirmation Emails as I am only selling digital products so having shipping info on Customer Order Confirmation Email is confusing.

Is there any way I can get rid of this shipping info?

Here is screenshot - Screenshot by Lightshot

Thanks,

hi @Rahul_Khanna

If a product has the Requires shipping property turned off, then the order confirmation email shouldn’t contain the Shipping Info section. You may see it in the Email manager in Webflow, but your customers shouldn’t see it in their emails.

Please let me know if you have additional questions!
Maciej

@maciejjasinski Hello, Thanks for your response.

“Requires shipping” is turned off for all of my digital products but my customers emails are still picking up “Shipping Info” address in their emails.

Let me know if there is any other way I can fix this?

Hi @Rahul_Khanna

Are you also seeing shipping info during checkout and on the order confirmation, or is it just in the order confirmation emails?

If you can share the read-only link to your store, we’ll be able to take a closer look at the issue: How to Enable a Webflow Share Link

Cheers
Maciej

@maciejjasinski - It’s only on customer order confirmation emails.

Here is the read-only link

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/nicoles-groovy-project-8d7382?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=nicoles-groovy-project-8d7382&preview=7beae5eb230c65aaad6b98c5d33ddbcc&mode=preview

Hi @Rahul_Khanna - if you’re sending an order confirmation test email from the Designer, it will show the Shipping Info just as a preview. In your actual emails, if the order does not require shipping info, it will not show up in the email.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hello @dylang - This is actually coming up on my live client emails, however, only on digital download products. I have double-checked the products shipping settings and they are marked as “No”.

I don’t have this problem on my non-digital download products on webflow.

Thanks and please let me know how I can resolve this?

@Rahul_Khanna thank you for the additional information! We will continue to investigate this and will report back as soon as possible.

Hello @Rahul_Khanna - Can you provide a screenshot of the order confirmation email you are seeing?

Also, to clarify, are the steps seen in the gif below how you are testing your client emails or are you completing an order on the published site?

https://share.getcloudapp.com/9Zuj6zW5

1 Like

Hi @laurawhit - Thanks for getting back to me.

Please see the screenshot of the order confirmation email.

I am currently CC’d into this customer order confirmation emails and can see them when a live order is confirmed on the published site.

Thanks,

Hi @Rahul_Khanna - Thank you for the screenshot!

It looks like this order was completed using PayPal, in which case this is expected behavior. Orders completed with PayPal will contain the shipping info that the customer has associated with their account as it is needed for tax calculation. The customer will see shipping info on the order confirmation page and email.

Shipping info should not show up in the order manager or on the checkout page, and it will not affect any required shipping settings on any of the products in that order.

I hope that helps and please let me know if you have any further questions!

Thanks @laurawhit and Understood.

The problem I have is that the products I am selling are digital downloads and if the shipping info is coming on customer order emails via PayPal checkout can be a bit confusing.

I will look into this a bit more to find out if there is any way to remove the shipping info if the customer uses PayPal checkout but if you come across anything related to this than please do let me know.

Thank you for your help :blush: