Remove Text in Drop Down Option Field for Add to Cart

Hello my fellow designers!

I am building an e-commerce site for T-Shirts. In my Add to Cart Field I have an Option added for Size selection. It might just be my over-critical mind :man_facepalming: getting the best of me here, but it drives me nuts that the text above the dropdown says ā€˜Sizeā€™ and inside the dropdown it has default text that says ā€˜Sizeā€™ as well. I can add text before the word ā€˜Sizeā€™ such as ā€œChoose, Select, etcā€ but I cannot figure out how to remove the word ā€˜Sizeā€™ from the dropdown. To me it is redundant and looks sloppy as a designer. Does anyone know how to access the settings for this and change it? Any help is greatly appreciated. :pray:

I canā€™t show my site for NDA reasonsā€¦I can always create a blank page showing my cart issue if you need to see what Iā€™m talking about.

Hi @Tanto_Clint!

Can you try setting ā€œPreselect Default Variantā€ to ā€œYes.ā€ - screenshot. This should show the first variant instead of the option list name. It will show the first variant on the published site.

Thanks for another approach @johnramos. I saw that you can have it put in the first variant, but I still canā€™t edit the text to remove the word ā€˜sizeā€™. It sounds like it might just be something Iā€™m stuck with. Thank you for taking time to reply and try to help me out.

Hi @Tanto_Clint , can you send a screenshot of what you are seeing? The option name text can be edited by changing the text within the variant settings - screenshot.

Iā€™m not sure if this issue was ever resolved, but Iā€™m having the same issue. Hereā€™s a screen shot of what Iā€™m seeing. The blue highlighted area is what weā€™re trying to hide.