Remove Webflow IP from tracking tools

Hello,

How can I remove the Webflow IP adress ?
It brings bad quality to my different tracking tool.

I will be happy if custom code could remove the webflow IP adress.

Regards

I havn’t heard of this issue before? How is it impacting your tracking codes?

Would be great to get some more details around how it’s impacting and how you’ve discovered this as an issue.

Thanks

1 Like

Please find a screenshot :

All my clicks come from France (for sure). But everytime someone click on a link, it count a click in america too. I think it’s webflow. What do you think ?

Any requests that are coming from webflow identify themselves with a user agent that looks like: Webflow 1.0 - $Service-Name (So for example, Webflow 1.0 - Image Import or Webflow 1.0 - Site Screenshot)

Does the analytics tool you use have the ability to filter out user agents? (I know google analytics, for example does)

Any requests coming from us may be coming from a large range of IP addresses as they are dynamically provisioned by AWS, so there is not one single IP I could give you to add to an exclude list.

Hi Nathan, I am facing the same issue.

I am using Google Analytics. Could you please specify how to filter out any agents that could cause these type of issues?

Is there any other agents to be aware of that should be filtered as well?

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

I am having the same issue too. Is there a way to filter out Santa Clara as a city as it seems like all traffic comes from there?

What I did was create a browser filter in Goolge Analytics to exclude Webflow 1.0
I’m attaching an immage of the settings I used. Worked like a charm!
Hope this is helpful to you.

Thanks! Seems to be a bit different in Analytics GA4 (the new version). I tried to create a filter for developer traffic but not sure that will do it as I could only name it Webflow 1. If you hear anything in regards to GA4 specifically please feel free to share.

1 Like

Hey there Jonas - did you ever find a way how to remove the Webflow 1.0 from GA4?

I know how to do it using the IP addresses through Data Stream but not sure that this is the correct way since I don’t think we’d have all the correct IP addresses of Webflow to filter out.
Thoughts?

Hey Felicia,

Never found a proper way to do it so have filtered out Santa Clara as city every time. not ideal but works for now. If you find another good way please let me know. How did you do it with the IP-addresses?

Hey Jonas - sure if I come across something I will let you know.
I haven’t tried the IP addresses yet, but I will, and I will let you know how I get on.
Cheers

1 Like

same here. would like to filter out webflow internal traffic. it’s skewing my google analytics reporting.