Removing CMS from template

Hi everyone.

I bought a template which had CMS in it and I want to use basic hosting for my site as it doesn’t use the CMS. I’m unable to delete the collections for it as well. Is it possible to remove the CMS so i can use the basic hosting rather than pay for something i don’t need?

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/traction-lab?preview=367d72368693d795696da2f0f26b363a

Cheers,

Niall

2 Likes

Hi @Niall_Mc_Dermott

Yes, you can remove CMS part from the site. But you have to understand that you will also lose dynamic template pages. Some elements, design and structure can be lost too, because of disconnecting from dynamic collections.

If you still sure you want to get rid of CMS, try to follow these steps:

1. For that, you will have to unbind all dynamic content from the site elements.
    Open site structure in the Navigator panel, expand it and you will see some elements highlighted with purple color. This element contains dynamic content. Choose such element, go to settings panel and un-check option which connecting any dynamic content with this particular element. Repeat this step with all “purple highlighted” elements.

2. Also, you will have to clean up all dynamic template pages. Unbind dynamic content from the elements and remove everything from the page structure.

3. Remove dynamic collections.

Regards,
Anna

1 Like

Hi Anna,

Thanks for your help. I have manage to delete all collections with the exception of one. The last dynamic template page is also empty. I can’t find the bindings and have deleted anything highlighted purple. The last collection called ‘sponsored logos’ has no items in it. Is there anything else I should be doing?

Thanks,

Niall

Could you please update your post with read-only link to your site? It would really helps us to help you faster :slight_smile:

How to share a read-only link:

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Thanks. I just updated it.

@sabanna @Niall_Mc_Dermott I’ve constantly run into the issue of “can’t delete - used in bindings” error, however, it’s not being called anywhere. I even went as far as deleting meta titles, etc. but nothing works. I think it’s a bug on their side.

@Niall_Mc_Dermott, so you CAN’T delete the dynamic collection?

I can’t delete it. It says ‘Cannot delete this collection as it’s used in bindings’

I am afraid it can be something inside the interactions. But I will ask somebody from the support team to take a look if it is not some bug.

Thanks for patience.

Ok, one more try: remove all Symbols, which is not used now in the site structure and clean up the styles

If it will not help, I would recommend contacting support@webflow.com directly

1 Like

Excellent. That worked. Thanks a lot Sabanna. Much appreciated :))

1 Like

Awesome! :slight_smile: Hope @Randy can check this method on his site too.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.