Removing Lato font files from loading on every Webflow site. Is it possible?

Hey guys & gals!
Thanks to this super useful thread, I’ve managed to reduce my font file load size from roughly 650kb to 250kb by removing unused and unnecessary fonts I had added and/or replaced over time.

But my question is, is it possible to also remove the Lato and Opensans font files that still load whenever someone goes on any page of my site?

These account for MORE than the actual size of fonts I use. But is it simply not possible to remove and am I correct in thinking that every Webflow site is stuck with them?

It seems that the Webflow support team have stopped responding to the thread above so that’s why I’m asking again here :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance guys & gals!

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Remove /modify the classes from your site that are loading those fonts and then they won’t be loaded. Search your CSS in devtools to find associated classes.

Hey Jeff

Yeah I went through and they aren’t included in any classes on my site. It seems that Webflow just loads them regardless

Webflow does not load those fonts by default. Only triggered by specifying in settings or in the designer.

You know the part where you share your published URL so it can be inspected with a browser …

Sure, happy for you to see what I mean … 15 Best Cameras For Blogging In 2022 [For All Types Of Blogs!]

If you can find them then I am more than happy to be proved wrong :smiley:

.white h4 {
    margin-top: 0;
    margin-bottom: 15px;
    font-family: 'Open Sans',sans-serif;
    font-size: 26px;
    line-height: 28px;
    text-align: center;
    text-transform: uppercase
}

Strange because I can’t find that style anywhere in my designer. I actually made a class called “white h4” and set it to a different font, but it still doesn’t seem to change that … Hmmm :confused:

Also did you see the issue I mean with Lato font as well?

What inspector shows is that the rule is not for the “white h4” class. It is for all h4 children of the class of “white”. So if you put any h4 element inside your “white” class it will make the rule

thank you so much! I hadn’t realized that :smiley: That’s just saved me more than 100kb of font load size because of that one pesky hidden rule haha

1 Like