Reorder the display of CMS Collections

Until now, CMS collections have displayed in the Designer and Editor in the order they were created, at times making it hard to find the collections that matter most. To make life easier, now you can drag and drop your collections into whatever order you’d like.

In the collections panel, click and drag a collection to reorder it.

This should help keep your most important collections organized and accessible. It’s the little things in life, isn’t it?

4 Likes

Thanks for this, very nice improvement, made my life better!

Awesome, keep em coming gang!

Thanks so much ! It’s a small one but very helpful when you have tons of collections :slight_smile:

Nice, but can you guys please, please make collection post also reorderable? Custom order on posts in a collection is on the top 3 list of why-cant-this-be-done questions I get from my clients!

4 Likes

Agree. Webflow team, can you advise if this is coming soon? This basically kills the usage of CMS for any pre-defined lists where I want to maintain ordering control (eg: FAQ pages).

Adding a number field to a collection and then sorting based on that field is an easy way to accomplish custom sort orders.

1 Like

… until you have to add new items and insert them. Especially when the collection is large. Webflow just needs to fix this.

1 Like

Set your sort number 10, 20, 30, 40 , etc. Need more slots? 100, 200, 300, 400…

Hi! Where can I find the “Sort Number” field? I added a number field and is not really doing anything, I feel like I’m missing one step.

Hi @mrtowers - Welcome to the forums.

With Webflow, you create the fields you need. If you use a model then you add to it.
So you can achieve this by creating a sort field in your collection. Then use it when displaying a collection list.

Hi! thanks for your response.

Seems to me like you guys are so used to using Webflow terminology that sometimes forget that some of us are not too savvy, but I think that in mere English what you guys mean to say is:

Add a number field in the collection settings and then select the collection list that you want to sort, then go into the attributes (the cogwheel icon) and click the add button in the sorting tab, then choose the numeric attribute to set the sorting order.

I think this is a hack to get around something that should be the same as sorting the collections by drag and drop.

Thanks for the help! :slight_smile: