Reply directly to sender from form submission emails

Hi,

I got a problem when I working with the form data.

In the Dashboard > Forms there is a box called “Replay to Address” I wonder can I use the email that visitor have registered via the form, and reply back to that user.

Can I use the variable ? I saw only few options to use such as…“siteName, formData and formDashboardUrl.” but no the email im looking for.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi, please see this topic.

Setting the reply-to variable is not possible yet for Forms hosted, but if you are using an external mail handler for your forms, then you can code this in your external PHP mail handler.

Cheers

Are there plans to make this happen? It’s definitely a efficiency killer to half to copy and paste the email address on every form submission.

1 Like

Hi @Bradley_Byrd

Still working by copy and paste?

I think you can use Zappier to help. I used to use it for my clients.

1 Like

Hi @Bradley_Byrd and @koftkoft, sorry for the late reply. Webflow form submissions are stored in the forms dashboard panel in Site Settings. The values of the submissions can be downloaded as a csv list, so you can get those email addresses from there instead of copy and paste, that is one suggestion. We would appreciate knowing how you would like the Reply To Address form variable should work for you

Cheers, Dave

Hi Guys,
i got the same question from a restaurant!

They want to forward the form also to the customer. Dave can you make an extra setting at:
Send form submissions to:
{{formPublisher}} or @formPublisher or just formPublisher?

Kind regards,
Koen

Hi @koen, that is a good idea. I am changing the category on this topic to Wishlist, and we will see about adding this feature when we do forms updates.

1 Like

You can set this up using a gmail account and filters so that the email goes to the gmail and gets forwarded to as many email adresses as you like. Check out my tutorial here http://forum.webflow.com/t/multiple-forms-going-to-different-emails-workaround/10442

Doesn’t solve the reply directly to the email issue though.

I should mention to anyone doing a php script, form validation WILL NOT WORK in safari! Spammers will spam the crap out of you if you haven’t built in spam protection into your script and anyone can push submit without entering anything, which will just send you tons of blank emails.

Guys, how far along is this from moving off the wishlist to production? I’d like to have a form that presents a field for the customer’s email address then automatically send a confirmation email to that address when an order has been received.

A way of parsing submission data from a specified form field ID into the Reply To Address field in Notification Settings would be great!

Keep up the good work. :smile:

2 Likes

I think you can do that with mailchimp

I get that the Dynamic CMS things have taken all your time, but this is really something basic that should just get fixed. Setting a reply-to-address shouldn’t really be that hard. It’s just another field. Or am I being naive?

My newyears wish… list nr. 1!
Enybody else agree?

1 Like

@danro @brryant @callmevlad

Guys. Is this something we can every expect. Or not? This is such an annoying thing. And a lot of my clients complain about it as well. It’s just a natural behavior to REPLY TO THE EMAIL YOU RECEIVE. But every time I realize that I am replying to a no-reply address from webflow, in stead of copy/pasting the actual email address to the “TO:” field of the mail. It’s very annoying.

Help us out pleaasee :frowning:

@StevenP @Koen @rowan

This new feature may help with this :smile:

http://forum.webflow.com/t/customizable-form-reply-to/24793

2 Likes

Lovely Nelson!! :smiley:

Guys, i don’t think everything working?
Or did we misunderstood eachother?

i thought people who filled in a reaction,
they now (with this update) received the form theirselves too by doing this:

But it looks that this does not work?

Please see the top post here http://forum.webflow.com/t/new-feature-customizable-reply-to-for-forms/24793
You have incorrectly entered the information into the settings. There should be spaces on the inside of the double brackets as well i.e. {{ Email }}

Guys,

Again!

The option:
Send form submissions to:
is not working with {{ mail }}

Now we can reply, that cool, but it would be great if the people who fill in the mail, get a response also!

Hi @Koen, at the moment this only applies to the Reply-To address, not the “Send Form Submissions To:” field. This wish list item is still active.

1 Like