Streaming live at 10am (PST)

[RESOLVED] Clearfixing floats is not working as expected

Hi!
While I was working on a project, I noticed a strange behaviour with floats on my published site.
The parent element of my floated divs (.max-width-container) is not being clearfixed with the class w-clearfix, so my section doesn’t “grow” to accommodate it’s children, even though it’s height is set to auto:

Strangely, as you can see, it seems fine inside the designer:

I can work around this and clearfix with custom code but I thought I should report it because it doesn’t feel like normal behaviour.

Here’s the link to the published site where I was able to recreate the situation - http://filipasag.webflow.io/float

And here’s the preview link, where everything looks ok, even though it’s not - https://preview.webflow.com/preview/filipasag?preview=fc448502f58132fd79b086c3419f86f7 (page: float)

Hi @Filipa

Thank you for reaching out and for bringing this to our attention! This definitely sounds like strange behavior.

I duplicated the site to try and replicate the behavior, but I wasn’t successful. I couldn’t reproduce it on a blank site either.

There seems to be a bug in the project itself. Can you please republish the site and see if that fixes the issue?

If that doesn’t resolve the issue, can you please check the following:

• Is your browser up-to-date?
  • Can you try a hard refresh on the site?
  • Are you experiencing the same issues while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off?
  • If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me.

Any information that you can provide, can help us resolve the issue faster. Thanks in advance for your patience, understanding, and cooperation!

Hi @AnnaKelian,
I republished the site and w-clearfix is back :tada: … which is odd, because a few days ago I did the exact same thing and nothing happened :thinking:

Thank you!

That is strange indeed. I’m glad it’s fixed now!

If you ever run into this issue again, please check if there are any errors in the console and share a screenshot of those errors so we can investigate the issue better and resolve any bugs.

Thanks.

Thanks @AnnaKelian!
I’ll let you know if it happens again.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.