[Resolved] Designer gets buggy

Hey you all,
This is more like a question to see if anyone else have the same experience as me.

Several times I experience that at least 50 % of the structure of a project ‘collapse’ all by it self. It happens several times, and also with different project.
This time, the project hasn’t been in use for several months. I make the blog posts for my client, and due to summer vacation, there has not been any need for any new post until very resent. I make the post and published it and logged out. After just a couple of days my client called me and told me to take a look at their website. And it was a total mess. I logged in to designer, and there where so much crazy stuff going on there. With and heights had changed,some images was not visible others had different sizes, content did not appear on the places it was suppose to, all of hte flex box settings was set to display block, sections was suddenly laying on top of each other, the footer was also on top of the Hero section… everything just looked like a total mess.
I am now almost done rebuilding the project, so for now I don’t have anything to show… but I wonder if anyone else have had any experience like this, or is it just me? Is it a bug, or do you have any suggestion on what else it can be?
I also wonder if there is a way to restore the project without loosing blog post made between now and one or two months back in time?
I would be so thankfull if you can share some of your thought about this

Cheers,
Sven

Hi @Sven_Erik_Slattedale

Thanks for posting this, this definitely sounds like odd behavior.

What sites are you seeing this issue occur in? Can you send me the site Read-Only links please?

Please send me screenshots of the behavior you’re describing (if you took any before fixing).

Could you please let me know what browser version you’re using by sending me your information from this page?

There should be a small share link when you visit the page which you can send to me.

Webflow automatically saves and stores backup versions of your projects that you can preview and restore to at anytime. You can read more on this here: Save & restore backups | Webflow University

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Brando,
Thank you so much for your reply. Unfortunately I did not take any screenshots of the problems, but I just had my client on the phone and he told me that there are still a few things not looking good. I am waiting for him to send me screenshots of it. At the moment it looks good in the designer and on my browsers, so I have to get back to you a little later with the screenshots from my client.
My browser are up to date
whatismybrowser.com/w/N3RA3BN according to this.

I have restored from back ups before, but since I have to go far back in time to get the right back up, I lose the blog posts from then till now… is there a way to restore without losing the blog posts? Blog post get posted at their Facebook page (using Zapier), so it would be great to restore everything without posting all the old blog post at their Facebook page over and over.

website adress is: ulefosskap.no
Read only link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/ulefoss-skap?preview=6a12ec86d70951702804ff0956436844

But as said… for now, it looks ok on my computer, so I have to wait for my clients screen shots to show you what is wrong. I do know that he is using a laptop and Explorer though.

Thanks for the extra information @Sven_Erik_Slattedale

I’ll investigate this further with the team to see if we can find out what happened.

I’ll post back here if we find something out. In the mean time, if you see any other strange behavior please let me know and I’ll investigate immediately.

Does anyone else have access to edit the site using the Designer?

@Brando ,
Thank you so much for looking into this. In fact, I have had problem with this ever since I got an account on Webflow. I’ve experienced many times that in the middle of building/designing a project, everything get messy from one day to another… and several times, it has been a lot easier for me to delete everything and start all over, than to try to fix what’s ‘broken’. (I’m sorry my English is so bad, but I hope you understand what I mean).

On this project, it’s just me having access to the Designer. The client want me to handle everything for them.

Still havne’t got any screen shots from my client, but will send you as soon as I get it. As far as I know from what they told me, it’s the ‘recent news’ on the landing page, right under the slider in the Hero section, that looks weird . They told me the images is tall and narrow…like a portrait, instead of landscape… but again, I need to see it to figure it out.

Again…thank you so much for all your help! I am SO greatful for it!

1 Like

@Sven_Erik_Slattedale

Thanks for the additional info. I have reported this all to our team and we will continue to investigate.

If your client is seeing this issue on safari only, it may be related to a weird flexbox/safari quirk. If this is the issue, you can resolve it by opening the Designer in Safari. You should be able to see the broken section and adjust the flex child settings to resolve.

@Brando

I just descovered something… I don’t know if it just happened, or if I just missed it before… but as you can see on the screen shot, I suddenly got 2 red buttons (called Årskontroll bakløftere). They appear, as far as I know by now, only on the Nyheters template (News template).
I promise you, this is not something I have done… it’s not a ‘mistake’… it just happens.
I know… it’s easy to fix, just to delete it… but still… it does happen all by it self.

@Brando
Ok… looks like it’s not that easy… It appears as 2 buttons, but in the navigator it’s just 1 button. I get so confused over this…and frustrated.

Hi @Sven_Erik_Slattedale

This particular instance looks to be unrelated. It looks like you have a collection list that is bound to the Kampanjes collection.

As there are two items in this collection, there are two buttons that appear. You can resolve this in a couple of ways:

1. delete one of these collection items
    27 PM
  2. Limit the collection list to only display one item:

Hope this helps and thanks for reporting it! Please report any additional instances like this where you are unsure if it is related to the original issue.

@Brando; thank you so, so much! This I should have known… I guess I just got too blind to see it from all the other stuff that’s been happening, that I thought it was the same problem. I’ll contact you again as soon as my client send me his screen shots… or if this happens again, then I’ll send you everything before I even start doing anything…it’ll be easier for you to then .

1 Like

Yes @Sven_Erik_Slattedale that would be great!

Please keep the feedback coming - we read and log every update so if you run into more strange behavior, please let me know. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @Brando,
Finally I got the screenshot from my client. This is from the landing page (Nyheter (Latest news). My client is using a laptop with Explorer browser.
Now… this did look even worse before I started rebuilding everything. Before I started, all of these three cms/blog post was lying on top of each other, and I was able to see just a few letters of each headlines, but no images or other content. I was able to split them, but as you can see… on their computer/laptop the images are now looking weird… Also, even if you don’t see so much of it, it looks like the slide image on the Hero section don’t go all the way to the right of the screen… or that the section ‘Sjekk ut vår nyeste kampanje’ (the one with the red button) is pushing furhter to the right than the rest of the page content. That might also be the reason that I now got a horizontal scroll bar on my screen, that never been there before. . .

![Untitled-1|690x342]

Hi again @Brando
Any idea on how to fix the images as show above? They look like portrait img on my clients laptop (using explorer) but on my devices they look as they should; landscape (as shown in the last uploaded img). Would really appreciate it if you could help me out with this.
Thanks in advance.

More bugs appear:
Can’t clean up in style manager, ctrl z is not working, sections are now lying on top of each other in explorer (using a lap top), every noe and then I got problems reusing a class name… it’s just not working and I have to style everything all over again.

Please, please, please have a look at this for me, and help me try to figure it out.
Thanks.
Share lin: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/ulefoss-skap?preview=6a12ec86d70951702804ff0956436844

not sure if this is what’s causing your problem…

why are you using a FLEX on Icon section ?
I believe FLEX defaults to align center middle…
which may be throwing off the height (400px) of the element.

Also… (from what I tend to do… I don’t use a bottom
07 PM

instead I tend to use top and bottom padding.

In the Design… using a bottom margin (for me) makes it more difficult to see the container.

Here you have a height of 30%… not really sure why.

59 PM

Thank you so much for taking your time to help me out @Revolution , I’m so grateful for it!

Well, the Flex and the 30% height is not something I have set there. This is actually a part of the main problem. When logging in to Webflow and opening this project, after one and a half month of not, things like this just had just happened. No one but me got access to this project, so I know for sure that no one has been there… As said in the origin post of this thread, everything was a mess. So when you found these things, it’s because I have overlooked it when I rebuild the project.
The settings of the margin is me though, and I did it only because the padding didn’t work… nothing happened… but the margin worked. So that’s the reason for me using margin instead of padding. I just tried to change that now, and now it did work, so I just hope it will stay that way.

I still don’t know why the img at the cms news section got a portrait look on my clients laptop, when everything looks fine in the designer. Do you have any idea about why that is?

I still cant clean up the style manager, and I still cant undo using crl + z, so there are definitely some strange things going on here.

Again: Thank you SO much for all your help!

HI @Sven_Erik_Slattedale

Internet Explorer does not support Flexbox: Can I use... Support tables for HTML5, CSS3, etc

If you are using flexbox in your designs, a lot of them will appear broken like this on IE. If you need the designs to work on IE I recommend rebuilding the layouts using columns, clears, floats, etc.

Regarding the other issues you mentioned— I will investigate them and respond here when I have more information.

Thank you so so SO much @Brando !

1 Like

Hi @Sven_Erik_Slattedale

I was able to make a copy of your site and reproduce the issue where you cannot remove unused styles. I reported this to the team and we will look into it more.

Regarding the ctrl z issue—I was not able to reproduce this with a duplicate of your project or in a new project. Can you please try creating a duplicate of your project and see if the issue persists?

​Thanks in advance, and I’m standing by for your reply.

Hi @Brando

Thank you so much, again, for all the help!
I have duplicated the project, and I still got the same problems. Still not able to clean up unused styles, and ctrl z is still not working.

I also noticed something strange… I was taking away the flex used on the Nyhter cms collection, to use columns etc instead. When setting the % with I ended up with a small problem… Well… ok… I had problems with setting the % with. I tried a couple of times… then I started to do something else instead, went back to the % with… and then it worked. So it works now, but it looks like I kind of had to do something totally different first. It’s very strange…and probably make no sense