Streaming live at 10am (PST)

[RESOLVED] Global nav in Symbols is broken? Won’t show in designer

Hi guys

Global nav in Symbols is broken, Nav shows on the live site, yet in the designer its nowhere to be seen? I can see the Global nav in the Symbols panel yet it just won’t show when dragged out?

Any ideas?

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/ens-base-template?preview=31d169a99ad414ac73635856d14c29f9

Hi @daniel_cleayweb

Thank you for reaching out and for bringing this to our attention! This definitely sounds like strange behavior!

I wasn’t able to reproduce it in a blank project. Seems that it’s a bug within your project. I need to investigate further to know what caused it.

Can you please check the following:

• Preview previous versions of your site and see when the navbar started acting that way.
  • Can you recall what changes you made to the project on that day when the navbar stopped working?

Any information that you can provide, can help us resolve the issue faster.

Here’s a workaround to restore your navbar:

• Select the Global nav symbol in the Navigator panel
  • Press Shift+CMD+A to unlink the symbol
  • Drag a new navbar onto the canvas right above the current navbar
  • In the navigator, select and delete all the elements inside the container of the new navbar. Only keep the navbar and the container.
  • Within the Navigator panel, drag the elements from the old navbar container into the new one.
  • Delete the old nav
  • Add the classes nav eng nav to the navbar.
  • Add the class nav-container to the container
  • Select the navbar
  • Press Shift+CMD+A again to create a new symbol

That should restore your navbar.

Hey @AnnaKelian and @daniel_cleayweb!

Just an fyi, that I’ve helped Daniel with this one already :slight_smile: For posterity, a quick recap of what was an issue:

I’ve noticed that the Global Navbar has a .w-condition-invisible class on it.

That made me think that there is a Conditional Visibility on that navigation used somewhere - probably on a dynamic page. I’ve checked the Blog Post Template page and found a Global Nav. Double-click to edit the symbol and voila!

Removing a Conditional Visibility from a symbol navbar on dynamic page resulted in the symbol showing up properly on static pages.

To still have a navbar on dynamic pages, I’ve recommended duplicating Global Navbar and make it purely for dynamic pages.

@daniel_cleayweb hopefully your case is resolved, but feel free to reach out to us if you have any other issue :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Bart

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.