[Resolved] Safari Mac: correcting text in RTB is cumbersome

Hi everyone,

I’m having a hard time when correcting text that is part of a Rich Text Block. This bug is far from new to me, but I haven’t had the time before to report this.

I’m working in the Designer, and not using CMS. I have pasted in some text through (Mac) Text Editor, so it is plain text.

When I select a word in, say the middle of a line of text, and want to replace it with another word, the FIRST letter of the newly typed word will be where it belongs but the rest of this word is then placed at the very end of the RTB.

This is happening in every site where I use RTB’s, so it is not linked to a particular site.

Hi @TomLamers

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! This definitely sounds odd!

• What sites are you seeing this issue occur in?
• Can you send me the site Read-Only link, please?
• Screencasts or screenshots would be helpful.

Can you please check the following:

• Is your browser up-to-date?
  • Can you replicate the issue in Chrome or another browser?
  • Are you experiencing the same issues while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off? Some extensions are known to break the Rich Text element such as the Grammarly extension.
  • If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me.

Any information that you can provide, can help us resolve the issue faster.

Thanks in advance for your patience, understanding, and cooperation!

Hi Anna,

thx for your reply.

It concerns this site: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/rijkers-naaimachines?preview=9c8543a8211ddb0b50eb7b5bcd227c7a

Look f.i. at this page: http://rijkers-naaimachines.webflow.io/rijkers-naaimachines-cursuskalender

My browser and system are up-to-date.

In Chrome, I haven’t noticed the same problem.

In safari, I didn’t notice the same problem with extensions off … :frowning: I could have figured this myself; so you may regard this as solved :slight_smile:
Extensions involved: Adblock but maybe more related to this bug: WhatFont 2.01

1 Like

Thanks so much for reporting back @TomLamers

Glad the issue was resolved and thanks for letting us know about those extensions.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.