Responsive Ecommerce with Foxy.io in Webflow

@core-man No problem at all. For what it’s worth, we see many developers and agencies offer ecommerce as a paid add-on. That’s not uncommon at all.

1 Like

@mattbrant1981 We’ve got a tutorial on how to integrate Uploadcare into your Foxy store ready to go here: https://foxy.io/resources/tutorials/uploadcare-allow-customers-to-attach-files-to-order

You can see a live example by going here: http://foxystore.webflow.io/products/desktop-1 adding the product to cart and continuing to checkout. We’ll be adding a video and/or screenshots to the tutorial soon.

This tutorial is hot off the press, so let us know if any of the steps don’t make sense or if you find any typos. Thanks.

Wow that’s great, and thanks for the amazingly fast solution, I’ll start giving it a try out.

The only potential snag is that if a customer adds several items to the basket which each need a unique set of photos there would be no way of telling which product needs which photos. Is there a way around this?

Hi @mattbrant1981 No problem at all! Actually yes, this would definitely be possible and is probably an easier approach than having the upload option at checkout. You could add the upload option in your product form. I’ll get a tutorial and example put together and follow up.

1 Like

@mattbrant1981 I have put together instructions on how to add an Uploadcare file upload option to your Foxy products here: https://foxy.io/resources/tutorials/uploadcare-add-upload-option-to-foxy-products You can see an example here: https://foxy.io/uploadcare-example

The Uploadcare url that shows in the cart is a bit long. You can use some CSS to hide this. I noticed a couple of other small tweaks that may need to be made, but overall, it’s a super slick integration. You will get a link to view files for each individual product. Pretty awesome! Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

5 Likes

hi @foxy, thanks for your helpful posts, its great to see such an easy way to integrate e-commerce on webflow.

I have a client who wants an online shop but they also want a lot of the ‘extras’ (ability to add to basket and place order but pay later once order has been confirmed, inventory, order confirmation, dispatch date confirmation, ‘customer tracking’ (not sure what they mean by this yet), login for customers to access their account for order history, copy invoices, overdue alerts).

I’ve been looking at Shopify and foxy.io as potential solutions and while it seems shopify offers pretty much all they need, the killer feature of foxy is the ability to be able to add products via the webflow CMS (I believe shopify requires the product to be added to shopify AND then to webflow which is a painful process for lots of products).

This feature alone makes me want to recommend foxy – but are there any options for the other ‘features’ the client wants?

@matt50 Glad the posts have been helpful. I have responded to each of the extra features your client needs:

Pay Later
We have many users who have used our subscription functionality to do something similar.

Inventory
Unfortunately, this isn’t possible with Webflow websites until Webflows allows 3rd party services to communicate with the CMS (ie: after each sale, reduce the product inventory count). Maybe a Webflow API is coming?

In your Products Collection you could add an “In Stock” toggle that is true by default. Then add conditional show/hide filters in your designer to show an “Out of Stock” note and/or remove the purchase button. Not ideal, but would be a quick way to quickly prevent customers from purchasing a specific product.

Order Confirmation
At the end of each order, customers will see a receipt page (completely customizable) and will receive an email receipt (completely customizable as well). Also, you can setup store owner notifications and send order information to 3rd party services with our webhooks.

Dispatch Date Confirmation
Not for sure what’s needed here, but Foxy is flexible enough to handle most tasks thrown at it.

Customer Tracking
Let me know if you find out more from your client. We integrate with multiple affiliate marketing services and cart abandonment services for what it’s worth.

Customer Portal
For account creation, you can choose whether customers can checkout as a guest, must create account, or can choose from both. Once a customer has an account, they can login to update their billing information and cancel subscription based products. While Foxy doesn’t come with a customer portal out of the box, we provide the tools needed for a customer portal type setup (order history, re-order, etc.) on your end: v:2.0:customer_portal [Foxy Wiki]

Feel free to email us if you would like more detailed instructions on how to do any of what I mentioned above. hello@foxy.io Also, I can put together any Foxy/Webflow demos you need.

Thanks,
Josh

Hi Foxy, I do not have much experience with e-commerce, no to say nothing. I have a client that wants to create a monthly subscription, therefore we only need a button to subscribe and the options for the currency and frequency, which will be monthly. If we use foxycart, what else do I need to implement the subscription? Do I have to integrate foxy cart with a gateway such as 2checkout? I´m still confused about how all the e-commerce process works.

If you tell me this is possible with webflow and foxycart, I will definitely go with this option.
Last but not least, I am in Costa Rica, is foxy cart supported here?

Thanks,

@Sebasgaes Subscriptions with frequency and currency option is possible with Foxy. We recently added a multi-currency demo to our free Webflow template here. Please shoot us an email and we’ll get you a working demo you can drop right into your Webflow website: hello@foxy.io

Foxy focuses on the cart functionality only. You will need to choose a supported gateway from the list here. You’ll create an account with your desired gateway and alternate payment methods and then connect your accounts to your Foxy account. We can help if you run into any issues.

Foxy supports users from all over the world, so you’re in good hands. Please email us and we’ll get you taken care of.

Thanks,
Josh

That’s AWESOME!! Thanks for the response. I will definitely get back to you!

@Sebasgaes No problem at all. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

@foxy can you give me some more info on customising the design for the checkout window + cart? I look forward to using this in future projects!

Arthur

@Arthur We’ve already put together a live demo of a customized cart and checkout in our free template here We’ll be posting a tutorial on how to do this soon. I’ll follow up here once it’s ready.

3 Likes

After the “Webflow Workshop - Best practices for building ecommerce websites”
I found this great video tutorial for easy shop integration with Foxycart.

@NAV Thanks for posting the video. We’ve got a couple more videos we’re currently working on. We’ll let everyone know when those are ready. If anyone has a demo they would like to see, let us know and we’ll do our best to put one together.

2 Likes

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the detailed response – and apologies for this belated thanks!

Having had further discussion with my client, its sounds like foxy.io will cover most of his needs.

The last remaining hurdle is a customer account creation – he would only like registered customers to be able to order products.

Looking at the link you provided here: v:2.0:customer_portal [Foxy Wiki]would you be able to detail the steps to create an account creation and login system that integrates with webflow? A fully fledged portal is not necessary – only the ability to create an account on checkout (or separately), for my client to be able to get access to the data captured at registration (name, email and whatever other info for future marketing purposes). If this

My final question: my client wants ‘trade-customers-only’ to be able to order – so I was thinking we would have a ‘trade login’ link where the user must create an account in order to access a the trade section with the ability to order products – would this be possible? If a login gate is not possible – is it possible to conditionally show webflow CMS content depending whether or not a customer is logged in or not? eg. only show a ‘add to basket’ button (and other elements) if customer is logged in? (thinking out loud – could I use custom CSS to visually hide these elements if they are descendants of some foxy.io class that is only used if users are logged in?).

Many thanks again for your help,
Matt

Hi @matt50.
No problem at all. That’s great news about meeting most your client’s needs!

With Foxy, customer accounts are created on the checkout page. Once a customer gets to the checkout page, you can allow them to checkout as a guest, create an account, or choose from either. Your client will be able to access this information (along with any other custom information requested at the product or checkout level) in the Foxy admin and via email notifications sent to the store owner (your client). Let me know if that would work or if you’re referring to something else.

For your second question, this really falls back on Webflow user/password protection functionality. I think they are working on the ability to password protect individual pages or groups of pages rather than the whole site. If this functionality becomes available then you could have different content/cms collections for the password protected pages compared to public pages.

Feel free to send me an email and we can brainstorm some workarounds with Webflow’s current feature set: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

1 Like

Loving your product, Wanted to know if I can add variables to a product? On product page have drop down to select color of product? So we dont have to duplicate products just because of color differences.

Hope this made sense Matt :slight_smile:

Hi @daniel_cleayweb.
Just responded to your other post here. Please email us and we can get you detailed instructions: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

1 Like

Hey Webflow Community!
The response to our Webflow tutorials and ecommerce template has been nothing short of amazing! We can’t thank you enough for taking the time to learn more about Foxy.io and signing up to give us a try.

Since our initial post in the Webflow forums, our free template continues to be cloned multiple times each week and we’ve helped dozens of Webflow users with their online store. In fact, many have already taken their stores live and even more are soon to launch.

We’ve added a new section to our Webflow landing page that showcases Foxy powered stores built by Webflow users. Be sure to check it out!

As always, we’re here to assist if you have any questions or need help getting started. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch: hello@foxy.io

Josh

3 Likes