Responsive Style Help

Hi there,
I’m new to Webflow and I try to rebuild a website, which I created in RapidWeaver before.

So here it what it looks like right now in RapidWeaver:

Desktop

Mobile

But this is what happens in Webflow:

Desktop

Mobile

Why isn’t it proportionally?
Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi, welcome to Webflow!

Webflow isn’t really built to be ready to use with no experience so you will likely run into many issues until you learn how the platform works. While I could probably answer this question if I had your share link, it’s likely just the first of many you’ll have as you learn the platform. I suggest watching a lot of tutorial videos before jumping into webflow.

It took me probably 40-100 hours of videos and playing around before I could successfully build my first site. And that was almost 5 years ago with almost none of the new features.

Good Luck!

Thank you, here’s the link to the project:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/test-23555a-ac4f173edbe8864679d6fac8438?preview=86b3d9063e47b43475712dad52b0a8e5

Hey @DeepShader,

Super simple solution.

You’re currently using the image in a separate column to the text, so two columns with block display.

The easiest solution is to put both the image and text in the same column and change the display settings of the column to flex.

From there you can change padding / margin as you please.

Don’t forget to set a max size on that image by double-clicking it, 40px for example

1 Like

Wow, how easy is that! Thank you!!

Hi @DeepShader and welcome the Webflow Community!

As you’ve discovered, there loads of us here to help if you get stuck.

One tip I would highly recommend is learning Flexbox. I put it off for ages and wish I hadn’t. It’s the best thing to use when it comes to responsive designing, and I hate using columns now, so I don’t!

Try out the game if you have some time, it really helps you get your head around it, and I promise your time will be a worthy investment.

Thank you! I really like that! :slight_smile:

I’ll take a look into Flexbox in the coming days. Looks awesome!

2 Likes

Nice work!

Yeah just keep playing around, and in no time you’ll be a pro crafting some beautiful sites. As @magicmark mentioned definitely start learning flexbox it’s super powerful.

Welcome and best of luck mate!

1 Like

Yes, today and on the weekend I’ll take some time just for Webflow. It seems to be very cool :smiley: