Restrict shipping to one city

Hello everyone,

I want to deliver fresh products only in Paris. But the shipping options only allows to select France so I am blocked. I don’t know if it helps, but I thought about using the city zip codes to filter the shipping, but I don’t know how to do it.

Any suggestion please ?

I’ll call the gentlemen from @foxy to help you out on this one!

2 Likes

Hi @Florian_MacGowan.
Mind confirming if you’re using Webflow Ecommerce or Foxy?

Thanks,
Josh

Hi Josh,
I am currently working with Webflow Ecommerce. Thanks.
Florian

1 Like

Hi @Florian_MacGowan.
Thank you for confirming. What you’re after is possible with Foxy + Webflow, but I’m not for sure about Webflow Ecommerce. Hopefully someone from Webflow will chime in.

Let us know if you decide to switch to Foxy for your ecommerce needs and we’ll get you taken care of. More info can be found here: Webflow | Foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

1 Like

Hi, I may switch to Foxy but I need to know a few things since I visited your Foxy + Webflow page

• Can I have customer accounts with Foxy+Webflow ?
  • If so, is it possible to reset a lost password and create a new one easily for the user ?
  • Can the user manage his profile infos ?
  • Can the user find and track his orders on his profile page ?

I’m barely a designer and not really a dev, if I need to precise.

Thanks again

Florian

Hi @Florian_MacGowan.
No problem at all. I’ve responded to each of your questions below:

Can I have customer accounts with Foxy+Webflow ?
Yes. Foxy supports both Guest and Account at checkout. You can enable/disable either of the options or allow customers to choose.

If so, is it possible to reset a lost password and create a new one easily for the user ?
Yes. When a customer inputs their email address at checkout, if Foxy recognizes them as a returning customer, a password field will be displayed along with a password reset option. The customer can input their password, reset their password (email will be sent with instructions), or check out as a guest (if you have guest checkout enabled).

Can the user manage his profile infos ?
At any point, customers can login to update their billing and login information.

Can the user find and track his orders on his profile page ?
We have a new drop-in customer portal coming this quarter (it’s so close to being finished) that can be dropped right into a Webflow page. Customers can login, view order history, manager any subscriptions they have, update billing/shipping info, and eventually access any digital products they’ve purchased. You can apply to join the private beta here: Foxy Beta Access

For more advanced users, you can use Vue or React to build out a custom portal. More info can be found here: v:2.0:customer_portal [Foxy Wiki]

Hope this helps some. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks,
Josh

1 Like

Hi Josh
I really appreciate all your answers and seriously consider to switch for a Foxy integration in my Webflow site. That is what I need to read !
I have more questions as I visit Foxy.io. I am a bit lost into Webflow, Stripe and Foxy transactions fees.

Can you confirm to me, if I use Foxy+Webflox and want to have credit card payments, that I will need a Stripe integration ?

If so, who is charging me for my transactions ? What about Webflow if I am using Foxy for my transactions, and Stripe ?

Thanks again, I am asking a lot, I know.
Florian

Have you tried just adding a pattern to City and to Postal Code in the checkout form?
That way you only allow Paris and the 75001 to 75020 Zip codes to be valid.

I use this logic for a french e-commerce website done in webflow.
Pretty easy and efficient.

3 Likes

Yes that is indeed a simple way to solve this thanks !

Hi Florian.
Happy to help. Sounds like you may have found a solution with Webflow Ecommerce. Let us know if anything changes. I’ve responded to your questions below:

Can you confirm to me, if I use Foxy+Webflox and want to have credit card payments, that I will need a Stripe integration ?
To use Foxy, you will need an account with one or more of the supported payment methods here: Payment Methods | Foxy.io (Stripe is included in the list)

If so, who is charging me for my transactions ? What about Webflow if I am using Foxy for my transactions, and Stripe ?
Our pricing starts at $20/mo or $180/yr. This includes your first 100 transactions each month. Anything over that will get a .5% transaction fee with a minimum of 1 cent and a maximum of 15 cents. This does not include any fees charged by your payment gateway. (ex: Stripe or PayPal)

Webflow Ecommerce fees will not apply since Foxy 100% replaces it. Foxy will work with any of Webflow’s plans. In most cases, you’ll spend less using Foxy + Webflow compared to Webflow Ecommerce alone.

Thanks,
Josh

Thanks for answering this. I wanted to ship only to Atlanta. Works for me.

Hello Movado12,
Are you using Foxy ?
Thanks
Florian

Hi @pepperclip @Florian_MacGowan
I am in the same situation wanting to ship only around Barcelona city. I have already a list of postal than I display as a “pop up” when the person click on a product category but it can be really more effective to do it using the pattern.

Can you please explain me with more details ?

Many thanks !!!

@Florian_MacGowan possible en français si tu veux ahah, merci

Salut Fabien,

The pattern attribute can be added to the input via the webflow UI.
Capture d’écran 2020-05-23 à 19.14.50

And the way you write the pattern is with Regex.
Here’s a site where you can find some patterns already written (and it includes Spain !)
http://html5pattern.com/Postal_Codes

And it is also nice if you can to write a custom error message if the user inputs something that doesn’t follow the right format (otherwise you just get the browser’s error message).

Amazing ! Thanks for this really quick reply :slight_smile:

Not sure how to use it we specific postal codes. I have this list : 08001,08002,08003,08004,08005,08006,08007,08008,08009,08010,08011,08012,08013,08014,08015,08018,08020,08021,08024,08025,08026,08027,08029,08036,08037,08041,08960

I can reduce to “08XXX” by adding (0[8]|5[0-2])|[1-4][0-9])[0-9]{3}
I’m sure there is an another way to have a specific list

Thanks

Hello! I found your thread and I used a similar approach using RegEx and a CMS collection to dynamically get the zipcodes from the CMS and add to the pattern attribute. If I want these zip codes : 12345, 67890 specificaly then add the pattern attribute as pattern=(12345)|(67890) and you will only accept these zip codes. You can also add a custom error message using the attribute title as seen in my example below
Hope this helps in the future or anyone else