Returning to the active tab the link was in on the previous page with back button

My customer runs a CMS website and she would like to click on a blog which takes her to the blog template page then use a back button to take her back to the tab she was on - rather than the default tab. (I use a simple back link: <a href="javascript:history.back(1);" class="w-button">Back Button</a> - which works fine)

Is that possible?

Mod Edit: I changed the topic title to better describe the issue.

I took a look in the forums for a solution and found this topic. There is an example by @danro of how to accomplish what you are looking to do. You will need to tailor it to your purposes.

Thanks for your help, but that’s not quite what I want.
The user clicks on a tab showing article content (for that year), then clicks on one of the items in that tab. She is taken to the article - on the template page - then clicks ‘Back’ and wants to go to the same tab she was on - before reading the article.

Did you look at the third post in that topic by danro?

Excellent find, Jeff, I just started looking into reassigning tab button functions to the different buttons and voila!

I would like to refer to my post on this topic: Tabs and browser back button - #5 by Luc_Reinders