Rich Text block with only video is not showing the video on the website

This just happend recently. I use some Rich Text Blocks to let my client add and edit video’s on its own. But since this weekend it looks like the Vimeo video’s are not displayed anymore on the website and in the designer. Only when I’m in editor mode and click on the RTB the video appears. If I publish the page then it’s not showing the video.

Strange thing is that we also use RTB on collection pages that consist of video’s but they do display the video’s.

Video’s that needs to appear are on the homepage third section (blow the text) and on the IP Franchiches page combined with the text.

Here is my site Read Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/imagination-in-motion?utm_source=imagination-in-motion&preview=f53e93f1385d20ed0dc783eb0df62360

Same thing is happening for one of my clients also. Here is a screen capture showing that the youtube video embeds, but there is no preview in the rich text editor area. Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

Hi @martijnrunia @pixelcactus

Thanks for posting about this rich text issue. I’ve done some testing on this end and was able to reproduce the issue.

I’ve reported this to the team and we’ll continue to investigate this until we have a solution. Thanks in advance for your help and patience :bowing_man:

2 Likes

Thanks for that @Brando .
In the mean time I deleted the Rich Text blocks and replaced it with pre-defined modules (text, headings and video). Just so you know the preview link is not showing the bug as we speak.

Could you update in this thread if you know more about it?

1 Like

That sounds like a good workaround for now @martijnrunia. I’ll definitely keep you update on this thread as we learn more.

When adding a video into a richtext module, it is neither visible in the designer nor in the CMS…
Any ideas?

Hello @lissy_m!

I’m sorry for the inconveniences that this bug may be causing, we are currently working on a fix for it from the engineering team and we will come back to update this thread as soon as the solution is live.

Thank you for much for your patience on this :blue_heart:

1 Like

@martijnrunia @pixelcactus, @lissy_m:

I can confirm the fix for this issue has been shipped and you should be able to use the Rich Text block with videos normally.

Please let us know if you have any questions we’ll be happy to help :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick fix @Alejandra and Webflow team. All seems to work fine now!

1 Like

I’m trying to embed a video in a section and having some trouble getting the right behavior. I’ve seen Webflow help docs reference the ability to embed images/video in rich text elements here and here.

However, on the site linked below, when I create a rich text element, the controls to add video/images are not visible. I’ve tried in two different browsers and after turning adblockers off, and there’s still nothing like what the help docs show. What am I doing wrong? Has this feature been removed?

Here is my site Read-Only: Link

One of the links above references an Add Media button in the Rich Text editor but I can’t find one. here’s what my site looks like when I select the Rich Text element.

This is what the Webflow help shows as an instruction and screenshot. I can’t get that additional menu to pop up.

How did you get this to work? I can’t even get the box to show up to add a video. Please see my post above in this thread.

Hi @eyeheartny you news to ads The content block in the designer, just as you have right now. And add the content by using the editor.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.