Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Right-click to "Create Symbol" missing on chrome

In the latest version of Chrome on Mac. It sure would be nice to create a symbol...

Hi @Cricitem

Thank you for reaching out and for bringing this to our attention! This definitely sounds like strange behavior.

You can use "CMD+SHIFT+A" with an element selected to create a symbol as well.

Let me know if that helps. :slight_smile:

Fantastic. Thanks for the short-cut.

My pleasure!

For clarification on the issue, is the "Create symbol" option missing?

Or can you not get the context menu to drop down on right click?

All I get is the normal browser options on right-click.

Okay. Can you please record the behavior with Licecap or something similar?

​Thanks in advance, and I'm standing by for your reply. :slight_smile:

I'm not sure what you mean when you say I have to be hovered over the element. You can't right-click on something

without hovering over an element...

Hey @Cricitem,

Context menu (the Webflow's right-click menu) is only appearing when you're on a canvas, which is the white middle-part. Settings panels, Navigator etc will trigger browser-default context menu on right-click.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:
Bart

Right-clicking over an element in the navigator doesn't prompt the context menu. However if you right click over an element in the designer, you should get this context menu

Let me know if this is helpful! :slight_smile:

Has it always been that way? I distinctly remember being able to duplicate/etc within the context menu.

If you're targeting something within the canvas, how would you know for sure if you're clicking on the container element or a filling element? Wouldn't it be impossible to right-click on a container element if it is completely filled?

Yes, it's always been like that.

Targeting anything with right-click is always going to trigger the node you're hovering over, not the one you have selected.

There could be a situation as you described, that's why for all the actions you can either use a different part of Designer, or a shortcut. In your case - Symbols - it's CMD + SHIFT + A to create and unlink a symbol :slight_smile:

Bart

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.