Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Safari and Enter Function

Hi,

since view days i can’t use the enter-button in safari. if i want to make a padding, i write the number and press enter on my keyboard. But the enter-button doesn’t work. I must press the OK-Button with my mouse.

Thx
Toby

also what I am experiencing @Brando

Hi @Toby and @TomLamers

Thanks for posting about this issue. I was able to reproduce this behavior in Safari and I’ve reported it to the team. We’ll investigate this further and find a fix soon! :bowing_man:

I have been experiencing this a lot. kinda annoying…hoping for a fix.

Hi @Brando , any update on this?

It makes designing in Safari literally impossible, and switching to Chrome is not so cool cause it is draining resources like crazy, especially since my GPU is not so fast my fans are spinning like treadmill.

@radmitry no new updates on this one yet.

It makes designing in Safari literally impossible

That doesn’t sound good! Are you able to confirm the padding / margin values with the Ok button? If not please let me know as this would definitely be a bigger issue.

​Thanks in advance :bowing_man:

Hi @Brando

Yes, it works with the OK button but not with the Enter on keyboard.

Strangely only for margin and padding, everything else works.
Thanks!

Awesome, thanks for the update @radmitry — I’ll be sure to post back here as soon as we have the enter key working as expected for margin and padding.

@Brando

I’ve also experienced this issue in Safari [Version 11.1.1 (13605.2.8)]. If my recollection is correct, it might have started around the time that control-enter was introduced to activate the selector box. I also think it only happens when a small style box pops-up such as margin and padding, but enter still works for normal input boxes like width and height.

Hope that helps.

That really helps @matthewpmunger!

I’ll definitely add this to our report. :bowing_man: