Scheduled Publish Time/Date using Filters and Timezones

Hi! I have a client who wants to schedule his blog posts to automatically publish at 9:00pm the night before the actual post date. (He runs a CrossFit gym and likes to post the Workout of the Day the night before the actual workout… however he doesn’t want to manually go in and publish it at 9:00 every. single. night.).

Here’s my workaround so far:

1. The client writes the blog post and manually sets the date of the post (ex. 11/7/2017).
  2. He publishes the post, though it doesn’t immediately appear because I have a filter set up to display only posts from today and older (see screenshot).
  3. Once 11/7 arrives, the post appears (I’m assuming at 12:00am?).

Since you can’t filter by time – just date – we had the idea to switch the website’s timezone to three hours ahead. This way, the blog post would appear at what the site believes to be 12:00am when it’s actually only 9:00pm. However, this has been unsuccessful.

Is the “display posts from today” filter unaffected by timezone? Why doesn’t this timezone workaround actually work?

Thanks!
Ryan

Share link: Webflow - C1 Athletics

Screenshot:

Hi @switchboard

Thanks so much for posting about this! By the looks of it this workaround should be working as you expect it to.

I have reported this to the team to see if we can find out why it isn’t working. That said, as this is a workaround we can’t make any promises that there is a solution here, but we will definitely try.

I’ll post back here as soon as I have more information for you!

Great, thanks Brando.
We tried a few different timezones as tests, and can confirm that it isn’t working as you’d expect (at least based on a default 12:00am publish time in the manually-selected timezone).

Should this be reposted in BUGS? I’ll let you guys decide!

@switchboard

Thanks for the extra info! I’ll keep it here in General for the time being. After the team investigates a bit more we can uncover if this is a bug or not and I will move it accordingly :slight_smile:

Hi @switchboard

Thanks again for making this post. I wanted to give you a heads up that I moved this to the Bugs category as our team confirmed this is a bug.

We are still investigating a fix for the root cause of this and hope to have it resolved soon.

I’ll keep you updated as we find more info.

Thanks for your patience :slight_smile:

You guys are champs.

1 Like

Hey all, just double-checking if there’s any status update on this Timezone bug? My client reports that the publish time-of-day is still inconsistent.

Thanks!

@switchboard

Thanks for following up on this issue.

I followed up with the team on this — we were able to isolate the issue but are still investigating solutions.

I really appreciate your patience while we continue to work on this.

I’ll post back here as soon as I have an update for you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.