Scrollify - scroll normally after last section?

Hi there,

I’m using the JQuery Scrollify custom code on my website and it’s working fine except that I need a way to hack it, and not sure how to do it myself.

On mobile portrait, I couldn’t find a way to fit a footer (with links to next pages) in the last section, and therefore I had to create another section to fit them in. However even when I’ve hidden that section from desktop, tablet and mobile landscape, when published after the last section it scrolls and gets stuck back on the top of the page, because that’s where the mobile section is hidden.

I need a way to either, better hide that section from desktop, tablet and mobile portrait. Or find a way to scroll normally after the last section on mobile.

Hope this makes sense, found that hard to explain. If it’s not clear just try to scroll all the way down and you will see.

Thanks for your help in advance.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/milk-honey-ldn?utm_source=milk-honey-ldn&preview=20aa76a079e30a5b781328f588fe3858

Look at these options for Scrollify:

• interstitialSection - A CSS selector for non-full-height sections, such as a header and footer.
  • standardScrollElements - A CSS selector for elements within sections that require standard scrolling behavior.

Hi @webdev

Thanks for your response!

I’ve tried both with a H: 300px section called test:

<script>
            $(function() {
              $.scrollify({
                section : ".about-bg",
                interstitialSection: "test",
                scrollSpeed: 1000,
              });
            });
          </script>

AND

<script>
        $(function() {
          $.scrollify({
            section : ".about-bg",
            standardScrollElements: "test",
            scrollSpeed: 1000,
          });
        });
      </script>

But unfortunately, neither have worked :confused:

Any thoughts on why?

Thanks for your help

Like an idiot I wrote the code wrong and missed out the full stop! It worked perfectly with the interstitialSection!

Thanks so much @webdev

Sure, glad to have helped. Note: If you are in this space, you will frequently write the wrong code. It’s a process!

I would like to add to this only because I followed the procedure on this and was still running into the same issue.

Note: The above suggestion is correct, but make sure your “mobile footer” is above your regular footer (in the navigator menu) or you will continue to run into the same problem where the nav will bounce back up to the top.

BIG NOTE: Ugh. I tried this, but now it does this for my desktop site but not for my mobile site. Is there any workaround to this?