Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Sections "disappearing" (published as "div" instead of "sections") on publishing

How comes the sections, visible into desing mode, get transformed into simple divs upon publishing or exporting the code ?

Even though you're dragging in a section, you need to specifically call it out in the settings tab.

1 min answer ! that's damn fast !

not very intuitive : seems like I need to do 2 operations for each section ? Or do I get this wrong ?

kinda. But i'm indifferent about it =)

Post something up on the feedback category. The staff at WF are very fast to communicate with the users.

Not a big deal anyway; before ranting, I need to get used again to webflow after a few months hiatus.

Thanks for your help !

hum

I'm sure I did use your solution, but now cannot do it anymore : when inserting a new section, it's turned to a div and the settings tab doesn't allow selecting another tag but "div"

I tested this on a clean new design : https://webflow.com/design/test-section

Thanks for pointing this out @Michel. We'll take a look to see what's happening.

@Michel I am not able to reproduce this. On my end everything looks good:

Can you tell me what OS you're on and if you see any errors when you go to your Chrome Inspector and open the Console there?

I didn't find any errors in the Chrome console (however , not very familiar with it).

Maybe you can check this test site :
https://webflow.com/design/test-michel?preview=a77dc318fdde1eea41275a8b4c41ab1e

let me know if this helps

sorry, my OS is Windows 7. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is not that you cannot select anything, but that the list has a light grey text color and it looks like it's disabled. That happens on any Windows browser. On mac it looks good.

ROFL !

thanks bartek blush blush blush blush blush

Hey @Michel @bartekkustra, this should be fixed on Windows now smiley

Great to hear :) Thanks!
sorry_my_post_has_to_be_30_chars

confirmed !

Thanks smile 303030303030303030303030303030303030