Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Seesaw – Branding Agency – Website Refresh

Hi guys,

I've been working on the new site for a few weeks now, a lot of which has been spent writing the content and generally defining the direction of the brand as a whole. Any feedback is welcome.

There are a few things I'm not happy with, including the project presentations (which are incomplete).

– Does anyone know how to get images to span 100% width when inserted via rich text? Am I going to have to insert them as individual images? If the user is on a wide screen, they images stop scaling once they meet their actual dimensions.

Looks great. Good job :+1: I guess my only criticism is that for people on wide screens (2560x1440p 27inch for example) the back ground images get zoomed in and end up being cropped

. no biggy though small demographic but something ive been taking into account a lot lately after have a few clients with large monitors complaining about back ground images being cropped due being stretched across wide screens.

If you name your RTE and then select a image inside the RTE you could set a style to all images inside an RTE

@jorn which images were you referring too?

I was trying to solve that for you =) So I’m talking about the images inside a Rich Text Element(RTE). Check the advanced section here https://help.webflow.com/article/rich-text

Maybe you can’t do what you want but thats only way to style images inside a RTE.

Hey Jorn,

I appreciate the help! Thank you. However I have already targeted the images inside the rich text and set them to min width 100%, etc. They still stop scaling once they reach their actual resolution. I’m guessing it’s something to do with the fact they’re being dropped into the HTML and not as CSS (background-image:).

Haven’t had time to look into it, but will let you know if I find a solution.

Hey Sveky,

Thank you for the feedback – I thought I’d cracked this already but it seems not! I did test the website at higher resolutions, but not that big, which can be a bit of a nightmare when working on a 15" Macbook.

I might increase the width of the containers too, and adjust font sizes appropriately…

Yes you are right. One solution to consider is to make a collection with only images and use refrences to the actual blog(?) collection. With the new ability in the editor to add new items to a collection this might help.

Just a tip if haven’t thought about it yet. It have of course drawbacks from using the Rich Text Element.

That’s a very good idea Jorn, I like your thinking.

Thank you again for the input :slight_smile: