Selecting element and then the style panel crashes designer

I experienced the same issue when I click on a specific class on my project.

I’ve tried incognito mode, updated chrome to the latest version and cleared cache but it’s still doing the same issue.

@Sgiroux

Is this happening in Chrome for you, then? Can you please take the steps mentioned above and share the console screenshot? Can you also please share your Read-Only link :slight_smile:

@Brando yes, I’m on chrome 69.0.3497.100 on MacOs.

Here is my link:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/sgiroux-net?utm_source=sgiroux-net&preview=1f4407cffa604276aeaf029c41c01a8d

It happens when I click on my div class “thumb-info-projet” on the style panel. This class shows on preview with no problem. All the other classes seems fine.

Hi @Sgiroux

This is super odd for sure. I am able to reproduce this even when renaming a plain div block to this class.

I’ve reported this to our engineers and we are looking into it now!

Something that may help unblock you for now — Can you please try adding a plain div block, giving it a unique class name, but style it the exact same as this thumb-info-projet element? Can you please let me know if this new class is working correctly?

​Thanks in advance!

I’ve recieved the corrected version, but sadly the issue is still there everytime I click the class thumb-info-projet (and now my hover state is gone, but that’s no biggy).

EDIT: After I edited the image size under 500kb, the issue is still there also.

Hi @Sgiroux

I made a video here showing a workaround you can use: Screen Recording 2018-09-25...

I’ll be sure to post back here when I have more details about the root cause of the issue.

@Sgiroux

Our team was able to find the root cause and has a fix ready to go. Instead of using that workaround, you can wait for the fix to go live if you’d like. It would save you on time :slight_smile:

I’ll be sure to post back when the fix is live :bowing_man:

Great! Thank you so much! (I’ve started the workaround and I was unable to remove the class, weird.)

Just to be sure, the fix will be in the original project or the fixed one?

Hey @Sgiroux, my name is Amina and I’m an engineer with Webflow. The reason the designer crashed was due to a problem with id associated with the blue color swatch you made. I submitted a fix for that that is working its way through reviews. I’ll let you know once its live.

2 Likes

@Sgiroux Just wanted to let you know the fix is live now! You should be able to click on the thumb-info-projet div without the designer crashing now.

Best,

Amina

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.