Streaming live at 10am (PST)

SEO and Two Domains

Hello,

I have made one site for two clients.

http://www.seitz-physiotherapie.de/
http://www.jaeger-osteopathie.de/

and hosted them on webflow. One Account with two Custom Domains.
Know google just listed one (http://www.jaeger-osteopathie.de/) and ignore the other one.

Is there a way to have both Domains listed on the google ranking?
Do I have to host them in separately (two) webflow sites?

thank you very much for your time to have a look on it.
Timo

Timo,

How long ago did you begin to host these sites? It is possible that google has not crawled for that specific URL yet. Since you are asking about google ranking, create a google webmasters account and add/verify that you own both sites (if you have not already). Check back to your webmaster console in a day or two to see if they have crawled the site. Once the site has been crawled, it should be listed.

Charles

Hi Charles,

Thank you for your quick response.
I host the site since 5 to 6 weeks now. And a have already installed the webmaster tool to crawl the domain manually. I think it is a problem to have two custom domains but I'm not sure.

Timo

Timo,

From google webmasters, did you submit a sitemap and it shows that both sites have been crawled?

Just so I am understanding correctly..... Do you have both domains pointing to the same website? Or did you duplicate the website so that the domains are pointing to their own website?

Disregard the last part of that message as you answered that in the first message...its been a long day lol.

The main thing that I would check is to make sure that google has properly crawled the seitz-physiotherapie website.

Hi,
I didn't submit a sitemap. Can I create a sitemap with the webmaster tool?
yes, both domains are pointing to the same webseite.

ok I will check it again. I'm not so familiar with this SEO thing :slight_smile:

thank you all for your help

Yes, in site settings, go to SEO. At the very bottom, allow it to autogenerate a sitemap, then republish your website. In webmasters go to that domain and on the left hand side click "crawl" and then click "sitemap". When this page opens, a "add/test" button will be on your top right. I would hit test first to make sure your sitemap is working
(your-site.com/sitemap.xml) if it reads it ok, then submit the sitemap

you generate the sitemap from webflow....and submit to google webmasters

I have done it... lets wait a couple hours and see what happens

Once it shows that it has been crawled, it should be up. PM me if you need any other help or have any other questions.

You need to submit sitemap, create separate webmaster account for both domains and fetch as index.

Hi @Timo_Rohrig ,

Let me add some important information regarding SEO here.

It is really NOT recommended to use 2 different domains for the same website. You can have more than one domain pointing to a website but you really need to choose only one as the default. So, any other domain should make a redirect (DNS redirect preferred) to the main domain.

Google will probably not index your second domain even after you add the sitemap. Imagine how confusing would be for users searching for you content. And, imagine how easy would be to have higher rankings on SEO if you could have dozens of different domains ranking well on Google.

So, it may be the case that Google will just choose the domain it will list. But it can get worse, your 2 domains can get penalized for "duplicated content" and you may have problems to find them both on Google.

So, looking very quickly to your website and trying to understand what you were doing I would suggest 2 options for you:

1. Make 2 separately websites, one for physiotherapie and the other one for osteopathie. You would not need the homepage with the 2 options but you could still have one siting linking to the other one. This strategy may help you a little bit with SEO in the short term, but I wouldn't recommend it in the long term.

2. Choose a different new domain, like seitz-jaeger.de (or any variation) and keep the current website structure. I am assuming here that Seitz and Jaeger are names. If I have understood everything correctly that would definitely be my recommendation. I believe you won't have problems to rank well for both terms (physiotherapie and osteopathie) if you create good content for these terms, regardless the domain you choose. You could still keep these 2 domains pointing to the new one as a DNS redirect, but they would not make any difference in terms of SEO.

Let me know if there was any misunderstanding here and I can try to help you more.

Best,

hello, thank you so much for your help. I fixed it and build two websites and host them both on webflow. Thank you all

I completely agree with your opinion that having two similar website can even penalize the website. I was thinking of a solution, don't know whether it will work or not. Tell me if I am wrong.

I think using Canonical Tag in one of the website will help to eliminate the risk of getting penalized. As Google will den understand it is the reflection of the other website.

But I am not sure whether Google will rank both the website or not.