Shipping value not updated in Order Summary

Hi,

I am experiencing an issue in the Checkout form when the Shipping cost does not get updated in the Order Summary box after a change is made in the Cart.

I have set up three tiers of shipping cost based on price. The correct shipping value appears in the Order Summary the first time I get to the Checkout page. But if the cart is updated (some items have been added or removed), the shipping value in the Delivery Charge box adjusts correctly, but the same value in the Order Summary box does not:

Could this be a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Here is my public link

And here is the live site

Thank you very much for any help!

Hi @Pataka! I was not able to reproduce this issue on my end. I noticed the various shipping methods were no longer on the site, just the one shipping method for delivery. Has this been resolved on your end?

If the issue persists, let me know so that I can dive deeper to help get this resolved. Please also provide as much feedback as possible making sure to include any relevant images or screen recordings. You can use free screen recording tools like Vidyard, CloudApp, or Loom.

Thank you, @johnramos, for having looked at it. Luckily, the client decided for a flat rate shipping which saved me :slight_smile:

I suspect it might have something to do with my hiding the State/Province field…? Although, that doesn’t seem to be a required field, so in theory, it shouldn’t have a disruptive effect…?

Anyway, the problem has been bypassed for now :slight_smile:
Thanks again!

Thanks, @Pataka! Glad to hear it.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

We’ll look more into this and will let you know if we find anything.

Hi, did you ever resolve this as I am still experience the same issue?

Loom - Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

Hi Dan,
I was - and remained since - lucky not to have to deal with this issue in the end, thanks to the flat rate. But since I didn’t have that happening on the site anymore, I guess it was difficult for @johnramos to really look into the problem.

So I’d say this is probably a good opportunity to ask him to kindly try to catch the culprit, using your project… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’ll surely follow closely!
Best of luck!

Hi, I have just noticed this exact bug in our ecommerce site.

We use weight based shipping for international orders (outside NZ) and the shipping rate does not update on the summary if you change the quantity via the cart!
The summary rate only updates when you switch countries.

Here is the live site: https://www.supremelygourmet.co.nz/

@johnramos had you found the issue or a resolution to this? This seems like quite a big issue and can cause a lot of problems for our client!

Thanks.