Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Show and hide content in a collection

Ok, I'm using collections.
Within each collection I want to install a button that when clicked opens a drop down text box. Clicked the second time it closes up and disappears.

Problem > It does it to each of the collection entries at the same time.

I want the button in each collection to only open the drop down in that collection item, not all of them at once...
Thoughts?

Here is my public share link: LINK

Hi there @Alabone, this can be accomplished by limiting the interaction to affect only sibling elements.

Take a look at an example: https://webflow.com/website/Dynamic-List-Show-and-Hide-Example

In that example above, I am getting my hidden content from a rich text field, with the hidden field having a fixed height and scroll overflow set.

I hope this helps!

Thanks Dave I'll give that a go and report back.

Hey Dave, I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong here. I've copied your template step for step and it's not working. I've tried publishing it... I've tried previewing it.. it just doesn't respond... probably something simple but I'm stuck

If I untick the "limit to nested..." and "limit to sibling.." it works when published (not on preview) but does them all at the same time.

Thoughts?

OK > UPDATE
I removed the link from out of the columns I had in place. I dropped it in the main dynamic list

I then selected "Limit to sibling" and that has worked.
Not sure how you'd get it to work inside a column inside the dynamic list...

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.