Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Side scroll on mobile (horizontal cards...)

Hey Webflowers :wink:

I’m trying to figure out how to do a side-scroll like many apps these days do; where content (say imagery) is scrollable on mobile left and right. So, I don’t want to use sliders, because that hides the next image, but make it so the next image is visible a bit from the get-go, so they know it’s scrollable.

Like this:

Thanks for any help :wink:

Domen

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

This guide from Webflow explains it a bit:

However:

1. The images scroll left by themselves, when the user scrolls down … this is not the same, as having the user scroll horizontally by themselves, like we’re used to on many modern apps.
  2. I need this to work on CMS content…

Domen

I’d consider using fullpage.js, which supports horizontal scrolling with a notion of screen. It’s solid, and you can keep the vertical scrolling for vertical, and horizontal for horizontal sections.

1 Like

@vincent

Is this considered a difficult task, e.g., I’d have to hire a developer (since I’m not one)?

I found this:

Also, do you think it even possible to do it for CMS content? Example - “Featured sights”, and then below the CMS-pulled content (cards)…

@cyberdave

Is this really the only way? This could easily be an official feature since it seems to be used a lot these days. I know Bootstrap studio has it.

What do you think?