Single word links broken

I have an H3 which I highlighted and created a link to an external site. The link previews fine in Webflow but when exported, the word is not linked on the live site. The inspector shows a non-breaking space at the beginning and end of the anchor.

• I tried typing different words - same result.
  • I tried pasting the link and the word from plain text instead of typing both.
  • I tried deleting the whole thing and starting from scratch.

The only thing it seems to be is that if it’s a single word with no spaces, the link breaks. As soon as I add a space or a second word, it’s fine.

This is something that’s happened to me before months ago when trying to create links. I just never realized that it seems to be a single word problem.

This is what the markup looks like. This is from typing from scratch, not pasting from another application.

And this is what the page looks like. Notice only the one word link (Confab) is not showing as a link.

Sometimes, there is a flash of the link being present when I scroll down to this section but it immediately disappears and the word turns black.

I should mention I’ve tested it in 3 different browsers and on my phone and it’s the same in all places.

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - Brain Traffic

Hey @tubes

It’s your Orphan Words Custom code that’s causing the issue. I removed that and it works just dandy.
You can use CSS for this if you don’t want the text to wrap in headers

h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6 { white-space: nowrap; }

Hope that helps!

Shared with CloudApp

1 Like

Ah! Thanks Mark! That wouldn’t have even occurred to me but it totally makes sense now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.