Site layout styles rendering differently in Preview than on Published site

Good Afternoon,

I’ve run into a little problem testing out the editor.

Below are two screenshots of how my website appears when published and while designing;

This 3rd one is how the site appears in the editor, divs completely loose their height and are their positioning goes out the window.

I’ve had a play around with the way elements float and appear but nothings worked so far, here’s hoping someone else has run into this problem before and knows of a solution?

Thanks,
Tom

Hi @Qwen

Thanks for posting about this. Can you please share your Read-Only link :slight_smile:

Sure thing…

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/when-it-rains-creative?preview=3a31eea6daf3dcedee59582e5343caf5

@Qwen

It looks like you are using flexbox quite a bit to achieve the layout you have. Are you by chance using safari to check the live site?

You can fix this by changing the flex child settings to expand:

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Yeah I’m using Safari, the problem also occurs on the home page which doesn’t have any flex boxes.

I was unable to reproduce this behavior. However I noticed you have both the body and the div with the w bg image set to 100% height.

I recommend setting the body back to default height (alt + click the blue) then setting the element Div Block to width: 100vw and height: 100vh

It may be collapsing because there is no content within that div. Setting to 100vw and vh will ensure it stays full width and height.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Okay, I’ll give that a go now.

Thanks for the help @Brando, appreciate it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.