Site search beta discussion

So far, I’ve got it to index and work properly as I wanted it to. Is there no way to access the search data? I can see how many search queries have been made and how many times it’s been indexed on the site settings page.

Hi @nabbiechan

Hoping there might be an internal WF way to do this in future, but there is currently this option:

Hope that helps

1 Like

Thanks @forresto

I’ve managed to style mine as hoped - but it definitely feels more intuitive (to me) to have similar column options like with dynamic lists. Psychologically, i’m seeing the lilac ‘dynamic’ colouring and expecting the same options for initial formatting.

Thanks
Stu

3 Likes

Thanks buddy!

Have implemented this and will see how it goes with analytics.

Is there any way to filter our a site search to specific conditions? For example, only showing a specific type of collection item based on a criteria like how it’s done with dynamic lists. There are items in the collection that I don’t want to show in the results but I also don’t want to archive them because of it.

I think it would be useful to be able to pick the title’s from the CMS items itself, instead of their search index title.

1 Like

Hi @guido! I left this message in the other thread as well, but you can define the Search Title in the settings for each page and dynamic template page (by default it uses the SEO Meta Title).

Hi @nabbiechan you can exclude entire pages, dynamic template pages, individual elements and their contents from the index. You can exclude the elements in the settings panel for each element.

Hi, I have reindexed my site today and published. The pages I have excluded in site search are still showing? I have checked that the site has indeed been reindexed and it is showing I can’t re do for 24 hours so assume it has been reindexed, how long can I expect the excluded pages to be cleared for the site search results?

Hi, assume you are not using webflow search now and have opted for another option?

As I see, there is just a possibility to exclude pages, or not. Is there any way to filter the search for certain areas, as I have to build a blog with 5 languages, what is possible by principe, but without search filtered by this language areas.

Any hints?

Hi Linda,

I don’t think excluding a Div content is going to help, because I want to search results filtered out so it’s only showing certain pages that fit the criteria. Not necessarily hiding a part of the page.

So for example if I have a “blog” collection and this blog has items that include different types, I only want to show one type of blog in the search result.

for now I am using SearchIQ as its much easier to integrate and customise. Search on Webflow needs a lot of work still I think. :slight_smile: I would prefer a seamless option though.

1 Like

I integrated Search IQ around 2 weeks before Webflow released their beta, but I’ve opted for Webflows search since it’s been released.

The thing with SearchIQ I liked was the real-time search. I think I might be going back to it for the short term… Up to 2000 items was free too and you can manually index as often as you like.

I feel a little peeved that I’ve just upgraded to Pro plan, yet Webflow keeps advertising Business Hosting to be able to index more than once in 24 hours. As if the $200+ a month I spend with Webflow isn’t enough… :unamused:

Bumping this~

How is the search currently arranged? The search is only indexing our blog entries at random arrangement and it’s definitely not showing results from the latest entries.

By default we index everything in your site. If you don’t see specific content, it’s probably because it was excluded either in the page settings or the element settings and/or you haven’t re-indexed your site with the new content. To re-index your site, go to the gear tab in the left side navigation bar.

In a few weeks, we will be adding automatic indexing which will re-index your site at defined intervals. This means that you will not have to worry about manually re-indexing your site by yourself.

If you’re still having trouble with getting all of your content indexed, please send an email to our support team (support@webflow.com). They can check out your site and make sure everything is set up properly.

Hi Linda,

I just noticed my post and realised I forgot to add a specific information. The search we have is only for our blog entries. I was more curious on how this is being arranged atm because it doesn’t seem like we can omit parts of our collection to not show up in the search results…and the posts we don’t want to show up are the first ones to show up in the result, therefore, we can’t use the search function at all.

Here’s my search results as an example (we don’t want the Futuresquared entries to show up in the result)
https://www.collectivecampus.com.au/search?query=innovation

You’re currently able to exclude entire collections, pages, or individual elements. Unfortunately, you are not able to exclude specific items in a collection.

Would you be able to add that wishlist request to wishlist.webflow.com so that we can track it with other users?

okay, @Lindapham - I’ve added this to the Wishlist.

https://wishlist.webflow.com/ideas/WEBFLOW-I-1049

So how do you get the search button to appear as icon as opposed to a button as on webflow blog