Site search not working

Hi there

Can any help me to explain why no images are showing up on my site search?
Can site search search CMS pages?

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

1 Like

Hello @Grant1

Can you share your read-only link?

Piter :webflow_heart:

Sure thing

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/classicperspective?utm_source=classicperspective&preview=614c0fad3ccbf09fcfc62923670a9778

1 Like

How long ago did you set that collection search setting? I could take a while while the elasticsearch index for your site is completely updated.

What @webdev is saying is something you need to consider. Can you try changing the search image to another one? Not the home image field

couple of weeks ago. I have been hoping it will update but no joy as of yet.

For some reason i do not have another option. Any ideas?

@Grant1 - The last screen image appears to be from the search template. if you want to include an image in search results, you need to set the image to the “Search Image” variable. This variable is then populated by the settings in each collection or on individual pages.

Hi @Grant1

The Search image that you are seeing on the search results page is being populated by the Open Graph Image settings on the CMS page.

A good way to get your rankings up as well as produce useful site search results, is to set your SEO settings, then in Opengraph settings (which is where social media such as Pinterest/Facebook pulls the info from) select the “Same as SEO title/description”.

You can then select the Opengraph image to use. Personally, when building sites for sharing, I add a “Opengraph” image field in the CMS collection that is not seen on the website, but is the perfect size for social media previews. This is oprional of course, and you can just have it linked to any of your images.

Set this information for each page, as different collections may have different information you want to show.

TL;DR

Here’s a video :slight_smile:

CloudApp

Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Wow thanks Mark.

That is such a great video and i really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to do this.

I have done everything you explained to me which was very easy, so thanks.

The issue is site search is still the same. Do i need to re index the search to update?

Hi @Grant1 ,

Yes you will need to re-index the site and everything should show up correctly if you have the correct plan too.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.