Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Site URL / WordPress to Webflow

Hi all,

I have a new client that wants me to design new pages for them. Problem is, their site in on WordPress and I don’t use WordPress (obviously) – is it possible for me to design the page in Webflow and host from there. So, for example, is it possible to do the company.com (hosted on WP) / pagetitle (hosted on Webflow)

Anyone know how I’d go about accomplishing that – is it even possible?

Thank you SO MUCH.

Hi @laceykesler,

You might want to have a look at this webflow -> wordpress process :slight_smile:

Maybe it helps ?

Hey @anthonysalamin! I’ve seen that, but I’m specifically looking to point to a URL. Like, is it possible to use the company’s url that’s hosted on WordPress and point to another URL that is hosted on Webflow?

Thank you so much for your reply!

so you basically would like to set up a redirect link ?

A redirect is when a web page is visited at a certain URL , it changes to a different URL . For instance, a person visits “website.com/page-a” in their browser and they are redirected to “website.com/page-b” instead.

EDIT:

If this is what you wish to accomplish, you could use a single line of javascript in your wordpress hosted website like so:

window.location = "https://new-website.webflow.io";

… but this doesn’t change the fact that your wordpress website is hosted on wordpress and your “new-website.webflow.io” is hosted on webflow.

Other redirect methods can be found here

Right - they’ll remain separately hosted, I just need it a single page to go to the webflow platform while the rest of the site stays on WordPress, but without the URL changing to .webflow.io – does that make sense? So, it would be [company-name](hosted with WordPress)/[new-page](hosted with Webflow), but the URL still reads www.company-name.com/new-page

Thank you so much for your help!

I think a better way of saying it is that I don’t want the root URL to change when going to the Webflow page.

Then you would need to export the “site”, then give that to the webmaster managing the clients existing site so that the folder could added to the webroot. The folder name would be changed to whatever path you wanted it to be visible at.

Thank you @webdev – that’s what I was thinking. I was hoping there was a different solution, but I don’t think so. Thanks again!