Slow drag and drop performance in Navigator

Can you speed up the performance here… It’s lagging really badly and often automatically gets nested in the wrong place.

https://streamable.com/aeo5p

Hi @cjroe, sorry that the performance is lagging for you. One thing that might help, is to open the designer in incongnito mode, which will load the browser without any extensions.

In Safari, it is Private Window mode. I would try that first, and if that does not help, try cleaning up any unused styles from the Style Manager.

If the issue persists, reach out to us on the support contact page and we can help to take a look further.

Thanks in advance.

Right, but I don’t use Chrome in Incognito. I would prefer not to disable extensions. Not using Safari either.

Overall, this is just a performance bottleneck. Ideally there should be a way to halt any actually code re-ordering while dragging elements and then resume code processing on drop. You can easily speed this up if you don’t tie any events to the drag event and just make it a individual interaction that starts on drag

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.