So has The Wishlist been abandoned?

I’d like to mention the numerous other posts about Webflow’s significantly degraded performance on sites with just ~500 to ~1,000 CMS items (when Webflow sells plans with 2,000 and 10,000 capacities).

There’s no reason any software should be this buggy and sluggish (and I use Adobe Premiere CC!).

I’m afraid Webflow has significantly outgrown its likely-single-page architecture.

Developers have finite coding abilities. Because Webflow has delayed, delayed, and delayed to address their significant technical debt, Webflow now has no good options: you cannot add new features, because it’ll break down the weak back-end, but your developers do not have the time and/or expertise to fix these issues while being forced to address long-standing indications that you will support certain features.

I mean, who on Webflow’s team is responsible for QA and why have not decided against pulling a five-alarm fire on Webflow’s degrading back-end? :frowning:

Once you get behind, it is very hard to catch up, so I hope Webflow is willing to buckle down and admit what genuine failures exist and what can be done.

I sometimes feel like I’m backing a Kickstarter project.

Update #1: We made money! Thank you.
[silence for months]
Update #2: We’ve halfway finished the prototype. No, we’re still taking new backers, even years behind schedule.
Update #3: Hey, we’re not done yet, so we sent out free non-functional prototypes to random backers!
[silence for months]
Update #4: We made money! Thank you.
[silence for months]
Update #5: We’ll be leaving in a lot of bugs & issues, but don’t worry, we want to get this out ASAP.
Update #6: Hey, more backers and more money. Gosh, we are so inspired!

:sob: This email today was unfortunately timed. I sincerely hope Webflow is preparing unprecedented efforts to QA, bug-test, refactor, and solidify its current codebase.

3 Likes