Social Share Buttons for Dynamic Content/Posts

Hi all I want to be able to implement share on facebook, tweet page, share on LinkedIn and share on Google+ for my blog posts. However I’m a little confused at the process for this.

If I add the built in social elements in Webflow to the blog template page I have to tell each one the URL to share. If this is the template page then it would be sharing the same post for all shares right?

Is there another way to implement share buttons that share the current page that they are embedded on?

4 Likes

@Godweeno I have the same issue - also with custom code, it would be nice to have the ability to call the content of custom code/share link from dynamic data…

Hello there,

I am trying to find a way to embed fb and twitter buttons for the current page.

In Webflow’s default fb and twitter elements shared url needs to be predefined. Is there a way to make it dynamically update the URL to be shared?

Like if user visiting one category item page and clicks tweet button, it tweets that page urls embedded in the tweet box opened?

Thanks!

Hey @erbils I’m working on a quick template for this for people to pull the page address dynamically for Facebook Posts & Tweets :slight_smile:

Talk soon,

Waldo

6 Likes

You can integrate something AddThis (http://www.addthis.com/) that just looks at your page url and serves it based on that. Kinda like how Disqus works.

Here you go @erbils just in case you want to have custom share buttons that work on your dynamic page templates :smile:

http://forum.webflow.com/t/freebie-sharing-is-caring/20487?u=waldo

2 Likes

FYI all - The AddThis code works if added to the Body of your webflow custom code settings panel for the whole site but not in the body code input on the page info of a dynamic page.

Took me a bit of tinkering :smile:

Cheers!

We need the embed control in CMS soon @thesergie :wink:

2 Likes

+1

It would be awesome if the Webflow team could work on a way to easily integrate custom designed page/post sharing functionality for the major social networks such as: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Linkedin, Etc…

Huge thank you to the @Webflow team for making the use of Open Graph content within the CMS so easy, but setting up some custom designed buttons to actually share the content has proved to be a bit of a pain. @Waldo has the Facebook & Twitter ones working via an embed. Integrated functionality within Webflow to share the content would be super nice.

3 Likes

Plus 1 : desperatly need a Like & Share button possibility for 1 Dynamic Page!

Must have for bloggers.:slight_smile:

grtzz Corine

1 Like

+1 looking for this as well!

1 Like

I just went in to add ‘responsive sharing buttons’ (by AddThis) for the blog posts and it seems like it would be nice to have a custom code option in theBlog Post Settings - Structure for each Blog Post. I was so excited to hear that the CMS was coming out and it is cool to see it getting updated all the time. I was surprised when there were no sharing options, I’m sure you guys have something in the works though… you always do. Is there any way of getting this going

1 Like

Really Easy!
create any sharing buttons any style, or placement!

Just add the generated code to the blog template page

@Mogeek very Soon™ :wink:

2 Likes

That’s great news :wink:

1 Like

Great tool. However it’s not picking up on the OG:Image on my blog post pages (template).

strange , i don;t have problem …
try this one: Sign In - AddThis

@mnmdesign

It’s not about plugging in a pre-built solution for social sharing that some service has put together. When we use the word custom we literally mean custom… Maybe I want to make a tiny picture of a rainbow donkey link out to facebook and automagically pull/format the dynamic CMS link, open graph content, etc - the whole deal.

We’re almost there, feels like the hard part (OG content) is done - just need the pre-built javascript stuff (maybe through a managed widget) to handle the pulling/wrapping of the dynamic/CMS page URL’s per service…

Sounds like they are working on it :wink:

@Mogeek I’m trying to figure out if I’m understanding the post correctly. I used the code from “Sharing is Caring” that Waldo provided on this site and added it inside the dynamic area. Facebook seems to be working but I did get a couple of odd image issues (incorrect or no image pulled).

Is this what you are talking about?

I agree a built-in solution would be awesome!

Yep. Exactly as @Waldo has done for his Facebook & Twitter options in his “Sharing is Caring” post. Just an easier built in option would be nice. T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶h̶i̶g̶h̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶o̶r̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶l̶i̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶. Edit: Forgot about Waldo’s “Very Soon” post above. I suppose the WF team is working on it afterall :wink:

@sabanna actually has all the major ones working through Waldo’s embed method, her post can be found below:
http://forum.webflow.com/t/social-sharing-buttons-cms/24674

1 Like