Streaming live at 10am (PST)

[SOLVED] Random text elements are invisible

I’m having a problem with my business website where random text elements are no longer visible. This happened after I added CMS elements to my site, but it’s affecting non-CMS elements so I’m not sure how that’s connected. The affected elements (so far) are:

• Text Links
  • Bullet Lists (inside rich text)
  • CMS “Date” Text

Here’s my read-only link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/mineralsound?utm_source=mineralsound&preview=2e7ac94f7553a474d8513b33ee7ea566

And here’s what it looks like in X-ray mode:

The two blank boxes below the line are my invisible text links. Here’s what I’ve tried so far:

• Checking my styles hierarchy to see if text color, transparency or element visibility was changed anywhere (it’s not; it’s black and visible all the way up to Body)

• Changing the background to black to see if the text was white (it’s not)

• Cleaning up styles

• Refreshing the designer

• Duplicating the project

I have no idea what’s going on here. Worst off, it’s affecting my contact info, so anyone who visits my site right now won’t be able to get in touch with the business. Does anyone have any suggestions?

On your home page the link element font size is 0 px. Try changing that. Look to see if the other missing text elements are set the same.

like @webdev - I don’t know why - but you set the body (global site) tag font size to 0px (So now for each element you should manually add “font-size” to override the 0px issue).

select the body and remove the “body” class (add after if you want)

“Create new class” under the dropdown select "Body (All Pages)

Change the font size to 16px (or 14px) - this is the “popular” base sizes

1 Like

Thank you Jeff! I have no idea how that happened, but I changed the Body (all Pages) font size and everything’s back to normal. Really appreciate your help!

@lifescansdarkly - Glad you were able to resolve your issue. You can assist by marking it as solved. Have a nice day!

closed #6

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.