Somewhat confused on pricing and features

As a designer I am just trying to build a portfolio so I need to be able to build a site with multiple pages and then export the code when done. Delete the page from webflow, and use the slot for a new project.

I have a project going that is only able to have 2 pages max before asking to upgrade. The upgrade button brings me to a page offering hosting in order to increase page count but lacks export.

For export I’d need to also buy the lite package but that lacks page count. Does the lite package actually increase page limit?

Am I missing something on how this is supposed to work? It currently seems a bit backwards but maybe I missed something :wink:

Thanks for the help!

Hi @NewInBoston Welcome to the community! :slight_smile: I’m happy to help clear up the confusion.

If you only need one site, I would suggest staying with the Starter (free) plan. Then add-on a hosting subscription to it to unlock more features (like up to 80 static pages and up to 500 dynamic items).

Hosting is either $15/month for basic or $20/month for CMS.

Basic Hosting gives you the ability to point a custom domain to your Webflow site and have it securely stored on Amazon Web Servers and delivered over the Fastly Network.

CMS Hosting provides everything Basic Hosting does, plus a fully functional database for storing dynamic content and access to the Editor, which lets you update existing content and create new content right on your live website.

​(more info here: https://webflow.com/pricing/one-site )

Alternatively, if you’re looking to export your site’s static HTML, CSS, JS and images, then you’ll need to sign up for a paid account plan (Lite is our cheapest one).

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thanks for replying back.

I only ask about export and pages as being in 1 package because I was pointed to this platform (Webflow) as a prototyping tool, and with such a robust feature set it seems a bit odd to limit page numbers to 2 or 3 when I am looking at it as a way to design, export, repeat. Pages are in essence a canvas, or a way to a/b changes in contrast to the open canvas of say, Adobe XD.

I realize I can build up a collection and then pay for a month to export if needed. Not too big a deal. I get why you do it, as you will guarantee to make a bit extra off templates, etc,

With a paid account plan, you can create up to 100 static pages for your prototype. Once you’re done, you can export it out.

More info here: http://help.webflow.com/features/exporting

Edit: I realised what you are saying. Ok, so two plans needed to both export and increase page limit, to do what you pointed to in the link.

Thank you.

CMS plan is a hosting subscription that you can add-on to a site. If your site has any dynamic collections or items, you will not be able to export that data wit the exporting tool.

However, you still can export your site’s static HTML, CSS, JS and images.

If you are a developer, you can export the dynamic data via our CMS API: http://developers.webflow.com

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Enhanced Staging is what I should have been looking at which indicates 100 pages (like you said) under the account plans. If I understand that correctly then yes, that helps!

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.