Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Sorting not working properly

Hi there,

I have an issue regarding sorting. I made the sorting so that my clients added items went from A - Z, working as expected.

After a while my client asked me if it was possible to move some items up the list.

I solved this by adding a switch and in the sort order I made it like this:
“featured is ON first”
“name, Alphabetical (A - Z)”

I then flipped the switch for an item and it worked wonders. But when I flipped it back to “OFF” the item is still displayed first.

I’ve drafted all the items and published them again but the issue persists. I can’t even explain how this is possible unless “the CMS for some reason thinks that the switch is still ON for that item”.

Excuse my somewhat bad English but I hope you understand the problem.

Hi @albinlang. What i do if i need to be sure about the sorting i always add a field called sortorder.
It’s a numeric field and im always using steps of 10 or more for each sortorder.

That makes it possible for me to put an item whereever i want it. What i do miss in webflow is a way of building my own indexes.

:grinning::grinning:

Janne

I see how that could be a workaround @JanneWassberg and if I can’t get this figured out I’ll probably take that approach. But since it’s a client I’d prefere if they could just use the switch instead.
Mostly I’m kind of surprised it first seem to work but when I toggle it OFF it still is as if it was still ON.