Strange border appeared

Hi Guys,

I finished this website, added my client as a collaborator so he could add his CMS items and edit his text. I’ve just checked the site this morning and now their seems to be a strange white margin on the right and bottom side of a lot of the divs. I’ve checked and there is no margin set.

Does anyone know why this might have happened? I can’t figure out what’s happened! It seems to mainly be affecting Divs that have overflow set to scroll. It wasn’t doing this for the last few weeks whilst I was building it though! It is also appearing on some of the page backgrounds to on the right edge.

There should be no thick white borders anywhere basically.

Here’s a link to my site:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/thenewnormal?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=thenewnormal&preview=8cb87c8cee3f05183faf2eac73fa559e&pageId=5d5d42d4bbbfb9ae352129b1&mode=preview

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

HI @TomPiggott

I had a look at your link and I don’t see any border you mention - could you please provide a screenshot and/or describe in more details what is the issue.

BTW have you tried different browsers? clearing caches?

Thanks for looking @IVG - I’ve just included a screenshot in the original post.

So I think they are literal scroll bars - a member in a different community just sent me this screenshot:

As mentioned, I originally had the overflow set to scroll but I’ve just changed it to auto - not sure if this will make a difference.

I tested it on a fair few different machines and browsers and never saw it until now. It’s now not appearing for me, but a few people are saying it’s there.

What I would ideally like is for the scroll bars to appear as someone actually starts scrolling rather than having the visible the entire time.

Is that possible?

I can’t replicate the issue and most likely once you have set it to auto it will not scroll, especially if there isn’t overflowing content… in any event if you don’t have content that overflows then better to set to hidden…

if you start experiencing it again then send me a PM and I will have a look at it

oh and you can hide the scrollbars with an custom code embed – have a look at this and it should give you the code you will need to use

Thanks @IVG. I actually ended up having a little redesign to get around the issue!

glad that it all worked out