Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Strange Gap in Dynamic List

I have a dynamic list on a few different pages, and I am experiencing a strange gap within the display.

The attached screenshot shows the strange gap I am referring to, which is also present on another page with the same kind of layout.

It seems when I change the layout to four items wide, the issue is corrected.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/faded-jorts?preview=b46eeae0e11e1d1f790a06f2a1f22652

FadedJorts.com

Hi @moserrw, it looks like the fixed height on the Thumbnail Text class might be causing the issue. I would suggest to remove the fixed height, and see if that helps :smile:

Unwanted gaps between the posts in my dynamic list?

Thanks @cyberdave. I got that "93 pixels" from the template I used.

I made the height "Auto" and the problem seems to have been fixed in the Editor, but not on the published site.

Any ideas?

I had a similar problem on a site i did a few weeks back. It worked in the editor but not on the published site. Is this a bug or a known problem? I kept playing with the spacing and eventually got it to work.

try a min-height on your styles

I tried a min height of 100 and height of "Auto" and I still have the problem: looks fine in the editor but not on the published site.... any ideas?

Thanks,
Richard

In just glancing at this, I see in x-ray mode that your two-line blog title seems to be making the height of the container box taller than the others. I have no idea if this is what might be a source of the problem, and I don't have time to investigate, but thought you might want to check that out.

Good luck!

try a min height of 500 then adjust accordingly.

soon this type of issue will be easier to fix with flexbox.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.