Stripe not working: Error 503 backend read error

I’ve been given a 503 error from stripe that’s integrated on one of my pages. I’m not sure if this issue is something wrong with Stripe, Webflow or the way I’ve integrated it. 503 corresponds to a server error, in Stripes own words “Something went wrong on Stripe’s end. (These are rare.)”

Has anyone experienced this type of error before?

This is is the error message they gave me:

"Error 503 backend read error

backend read error
Guru Mediation:

Details: cache-iad2140-IAD 1505741201 3309688742

Varnish cache server"

Are you trying to integrate Stripe directly into a Webflow hosted site?

Yeah, the website is hosted with Webflow

Hi @jamie1, can you please share the link to the published site? Webflow does not have built in integration with stripe for the backend, so it may be an issue with your payment gateway that you are using.

Hey guys,

Im also having the sam issue been trying to workout if its just me or if others are affected.

Im getting exactly the same error message.

Im adding the stripe checkout code into an embed element and then pasting the code from stripe.

If anyone has any tips to help that’d be awesome!

Hello @jamie1 and @tomo,

Welcome to the Webflow forum!

Could you please edit Screenshot_2017-08-16_140811 and provide ALL the necessary details in your post so we can take a look at your site/issue?

In future if you want faster replies and more accurate answers, I suggest including all the details listed in the link above before someone has to ask.

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks!

Hi @jamie1 and @tomo.
I’ve waited to reply to this thread since it is more about Stripe. But since the issues aren’t getting resolved, maybe we can help.

Connecting your Stripe account to Foxy takes literally a few seconds and adding a Foxy product to your Webflow website is almost as fast (maybe a little longer). Our integration with both Stripe and Webflow just works and our team is here to help every step of the way free of charge.

Please don’t hesitate to message us directly or check out Webflow specific tutorials and our free ecommerce template: Webflow | Foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

Ive placed the code from stripe checkout in an embed element on my home page for you to see. If you click on it and use the test card 4242 4242 4242 4242 with whatever expiry date (present or future) and ccv you’ll see it come up with an error. The same one as what Jamie1 mentioned above. I’ve had the issue for the past few weeks.

My published site is: http://insil.webflow.io/

Thanks for the help

This is correct:

That is because after Stripe has processed the payment, it seems that they will “redirect” the user back to a server-side endpoint on your site. However, as there is no server-side code to handle the request from Stripe, you are seeing that page as Webflow throws an error to say that “this request is not supported”.

There is no such page on your site or Webflow that can handle this server-side request from Stripe:

Screenshot_2017-09-29_110904

This is a POST request, which is invalid as Webflow does not support/handle POST requests from anywhere (not even Stripe):

Screenshot_2017-09-29_110919

Problem:

You are directly using Stripe with Webflow. This is NOT in any way supported and there is NO workaround to get Stripe working.

Solution:

Use a in-between payment provider like @foxy Webflow | Foxy.io

Ah right. Ok thanks heaps for the quick replies!!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.