Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Structuring New CMS Site with Tabular Data

So I have a client site I need to do with CMS items however they require tables within each item. This is a enterprise company with datasheets for products. So here are the main issues.

• 1 - No ability to embed html (manual tables) in cms items
  • 2 - If I avoid CMS all together and create individual pages for each, the client has 0 ability to create new pages if they need to using the editor.
  • Workaround would be to create a ridiculous amount of fields inside the CMS that will confuse and most likely frustrate the client.

I really want to use webflow for this project. Any work around or ideas would be much appreciated.

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Hello,

Copy and paste an existing html table and convert it with this handy tool https://divtable.com/converter.

It’s easier to understand how to build it in Webflow using div blocks, don’t forget to copy the CSS from the original html table.

I followed this process and created a complex div table for a dating website earlier this year (see attached image) - I can’t share the link due to an NDA agreement.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Naweed

Thanks @nwdsha , You were able to do this within a CMS Item?

That’s correct @bri-idea. Insert text elements in each column and assign the CMS collection.

Although, do it as if you’re creating a CMS item by row not column otherwise it will get messy and confusing.

Hmm im not sure this is possible to create inside of a cms item. I understand how it would be easy to style a collection to appear as a table but when I create the item there is no field I can create that supports a table.