Stuck with grid set up

Hello guys,
I’m a newbie in webflow and I want to build a website with responsive elements but I seem to be doing something wrong with setting up the layout and with the positioning of the elements, regarding to the static/relative/absolute position. This really confuses me a lot. I’m a designer but I haven’t worked with code ever in my life so this learning of webflow is a bit hard for me. I watch the tutorials all the time but when I try to make something myself it turns to be all over the place and really awkward. If anyone can check out this read only link and see my set up and tell me what the hell I’m doing wrong. Thanks :slight_smile:

Here is my site Read-Only:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/marine-bernard-website-design?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=marine-bernard-website-design&preview=92bcd5612ad588d6aa9565adab777f55&mode=preview

Can’t tell you what the hell you’re doing wrong because I don’t know what you’re trying to accomplish. The layout is in your mind trying to get out onto webflow. You should be asking “How do I get text on top of an image?” or something in that nature. The best way to accomplish the design you want is to keep working on it. Nobody here was born knowing how webflow works. We all have to try something and see if it works. I would like to point out that the Divs are pretty darn important. Get use to using them a lot.
There’s too much to tell in just a few lines here. Keep work, learning, failing, growing, until you get what you want.

1 Like

This is actually a very good advice, thanks, I always keep forgetting how I started my design journey and how far did I come just by being persistent to learn something by myself. I figured out how to make this since I wrote the post. Thanks for the morale boost, appreciate it. :slight_smile: