Styles in exported site not loading because the CSS files and images are not referenced

Hello there, I realized that export sites from Webflow aren’t loading the styles as expected. The sites and all other files load very well in the published site on webflow subdomain eg: http://vaims.webflow.io/ however, the exported codes terrible, any idea what the problem is??

Hi @busyoscarr Thanks for posting this, this definitely sounds like odd behavior. The export seems to be working without any issues on this end. Are you having trouble on an externally hosted site? Are all the CSS files referenced correctly?

When did the issue start occurring? Can you send me the site Read-Only links please?

Please send me screenshots of the behavior you’re describing.

Can you please try the following:
(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help
(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: Chrome DevTools - Chrome Developers

Could you please let me know what browser version you’re using by sending me your information from this page?

There should be a small share link when you visit the page which you can send to me.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Waldo,

Thanks for the prompt response… the read-only link is as follows: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/vaims?preview=df444a5750491d54a565dd62ed7fae3e

this is also how it renders when exported: check here

HI @busyoscarr it looks like the basehref tag may be throwing off all of your CSS files and JS files as none of those are referenced to actual files on your server.

Try removing the Base Tag on this page, pressing save and then re-exporting your site within the Designer and then re-uploading the files to see if this resolves the issue:

If this doesn’t resolve the issue, then please be sure to update your links for the .css, .js and image files to files that are hosted on your servers.

I am moving this thread to the Code Help category as it is not a bug.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions, I’m here to help :bow:

Hello @Waldo that solves it for me… thanks man.

1 Like

Issue resolved.