Hopefully this isn't doubling up, but searching through the forums this morning I couldn't find a basic and full tutorial as such to integrate Swiftype into a Webflow site. This would've really helped me, and hopefully a quick overview can help for the future as I think I have it down pat. If there are any errors or further tips, I more than welcome feedback and expansions as that would not only help me but others also! So here we go;
I started by registering for Swiftype at https://swiftype.com/, going through all the registering motions, then let it crawl the site. Hopefully this is all self explanatory.
While crawling, I opened up Webflow, dropped and dragged a new FORM BLOCK into a CONTAINER that was in a SECTION where I wanted the search bar to be (should also note that Webflow's own search bar (support/blog) was an inspiration); you can style this as desired.
From here, I deleted everything in the default form block except for one INPUT. I then gave an ID (not the selector where you style it) for the INPUT (not the form) of "st-search-input". See @thesergie's post here http://forum.webflow.com/t/search-functionality/6655
I then styled the search box however desired, and wrote the default text.
Back to the Swiftype website, I clicked the install tab and changed the configuration to OVERLAY.
Further down, I checked the "My website already has a search field" button, and inputted "#st-search-input" and hit SAVE.
Off to the left, I grabbed the Swiftype install code and copied and pasted the whole thing into the HEAD area of the custom code (in the dashboard of the Webflow site).
Saved the website, published - and for me, this worked.
Again, this is by no means the correct or 100% way of doing it, however thought that I would share as there are a few posts that touch on it, but nothing that gives a full run down!