Tabs Stopped Working (old bug?)

Hi there,

It looks like the tab component stopped working all of a sudden. When I click on each Tab Pane nothing appears to change. I have tested this with another project with identical CSS only to find the same issue. I haven’t touched either project for about two weeks so I am certain that it wasn’t anything on my end. Fortunately the tabs still work in the test environment (hectre.webflow.io) since I haven’t re-published anything since the last update.

I found a similar post that had this issue from two years ago (Tab panes are stacking on top of each other)

Any help is appreciated!

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/hectre?utm_source=hectre&preview=3a5e71fd9d9ff0f0e95c717edad667bb
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

If you’re facing this, it’s only a display bug. If you reload your Designer, it goes away. I found that if I’m navigating in the Tab component using arrow keys (select the element above tabs and arrow right/left) it never happens.

Hi Vincent, thanks for your response (been a fan of yours for a long time).

I just tested everything and the issue still persists (so not sure if its a display bug). What’s weird is I can change the tab pages under the Settings Tab but not when I am in the Navigator (when I click on Frame/Tab Pane). Any other ideas?

Thank you

@colderemy

It looks like the tab component stopped working all of a sudden

Can you share a bit more about what you are referring to? When in preview mode it looks like this is working as expected, and using the settings also works to switch between tabs.
https://cl.ly/b73781ec3747

If you are seeing other behavior on your end, can you send me a screen recording of what you see (CloudApp or Quicktime work well).

Hi Brando,

Thanks for looking into this. Yes, you’re absolutely correct in saying that it works in Preview as well as by clicking within the Settings tab. However, if you go into Navigator and then go down to Tab Pane (Frame Pane), nothing happens when you click on each of them (there are 6 total) whereas in the past it allowed me to move from one tab to another. I have always switched the Tabs this way but for some reason it all stopped working as of 3 days ago without me changing anything. This stopped working on another project (has not been edited in two weeks) as well so I feel certain that it’s not something that I did (could be wrong though). Does this help?

Thank you
Gary

Hi @colderemy

Thanks, yes that definitely helps!

I’ll chat with the team to see if this was changed by mistake.

Thanks for your patience :bowing_man:

Hi @colderemy
Yes it looks like this is a recent, non intentional regression.

I’ve reported to our team and we’ll look into this further. In the mean time, you should still be able to switch tabs in the Settings panel (D).

Thanks for your follow up. Looking forward to a permanent fix (will settle with the Settings panel for now :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @colderemy

Just a heads up that we pushed a fix for this issue!

Let me know if this helps.