Testing your website: Browserstack & alternatives

I´ve been looking for a tool where you can test your website in a real OS environment.

Simple testing, or as i call it: grab every hybrid laptop, tablet and smartphone that is scrambled around the house and look at the site, is the most cost-effective option. On the other hand, I do not own every tablet or smartphone from HTC, Samsung, Apple, etc. And even if I would, chances are I find one of these devices with a dead battery the second I want to use one for testing. Not to mention my desk looks like a deranged electronics shop display…

I found Browserstack online and think it is the holy grail of cross-platform testing. It also comes with a hefty price of 29$ per month (paid annually) that for a “hobbyist website maker” (where I find myself) is perhaps just a little to much. On the other hand, you get what you pay for…

I found Testingbot as well which is available for 20$ per month (also paid annually). Don´t yet know how it stacks up against Browserstack.

Where I´m heading at is this:

What are you using to test your websites on multiple platforms/browsers/screen sizes. What are the pros and cons, and what will it cost?

Are there any good Browserstack Alternatives? I´m curious to find out.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.