Text acting very buggy for the past several days

I have had many instances of text editing producing strange errors over the past few days. Usually what happens is I try to make text bold, or delete text, and a large block of text will disappear. Another thing that happens is the spacebar will stop having any effect andallofmytextenterslikethis.

It is incredibly unpredictable so it is difficult to reproduce. I’m hoping that by posting this, someone else who is having the same problem will speak up.

Edit: I’ve found one thing that will bug it out every single time. This persists through any computer-related actions I can take. I literally cannot make text bold or it just deletes a random portion of text.

text-bug

Edit 2: It is deleting the selected text and creating these empty spans that I can’t type into and if I try to delete them, it deletes the entire text box. It does this SPECIFICALLY when I highlight the term “Gen Ed” or “Complete Degree”. Other words/phrases can be highlighted and made bold with no problem.

more-text-bug

Edit 3: After highlighting a different phrase and bolding/unbolding it, I was then able to bold the phrases I actually wanted to. BUT, the empty spans are still there and I still cannot delete them. This is happening at random times in seemingly random places in different projects.

Hi @Cricitem

Thanks so much for posting about this — definitely looks like odd behavior.

What sites are you seeing this issue occur in – only this project or multiple projects? Can you send me the site Read-Only links please?

It’s a bit difficult to see the exact behavior you’re experiencing and I’ve been unable to reproduce it. Here is a GIF showing the behavior as I see it on my end:
CloudApp

To clarify during that bit of testing I was using the text block — is this what you are using as well when you encountered the issue? Did you by chance copy/paste this content from another application before trying to apply the bold styles?

Could you also please let me know what browser version you’re using by sending me your information from this page?

There should be a small share link when you visit the page which you can send to me.

Thanks in advance!

I sure THOUGHT I was on the latest version, but apparently I’m on 68!

You can check out this particular project and see the empty spans for yourself at: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/newalma?utm_source=newalma&preview=9a153d74feca6c4d2b7500964881390c

They are on the “User Home” page. Scroll to the bottom of the navigator and open up Major Step 1 > Major Note Container > Note Entry > Note Entry Text Container

It (of course) isn’t doing it NOW, but like I said, you can see the empty spans the issue created via the process shown in the first gif of my original post.

Now it’s doing THIS. This is insane, dude. I make the change to the text - I publish - within the designer the text displays correctly - the change never actually publishes and upon refresh, it is the broken text again.

even-more-text-bug

bump

I can’t work like this.

Thanks for bumping this.

I was able to take a look at your issue, and noticed an error in the console.

I will pass this error on to our engineers to take a look.

A workaround to this issue is to copy text from the item above, and copy into the item that is having the issue.

The following short screencapture provides the possible solution: Screen Recording 2018-09-10...

Feel free to attempt the workaround, and I’ll be standing by if there is any additional help that I can provide.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: H1-6 can’t be edited after adding to canvas

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.